• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

soft food !!!

are you bypassers allowed fish pie, its a banders best friend x

Homemade fish pie went down a treat when i was first on soft foods, also shepards pie, Lasangna.
P.s Well done on your weightloss so far, Thats Excellent!!

cushdy bypassers can have fish pie then, get a fish pie made helen real tasty :p

wow helen thats great 2st in a month ohhhhhhhhhh i wish they would hurry up and send for me i want to be on losing side to. i am so happy for you

Well the way I make it is really easy and a bit of a cheats way lol,
I use them boil in a bag cod in parsley sauce.
I put 2 cod in parsley sauce (Frozen) in the bottom of a dish.
Mash a load of tatties with a knob of butter. Put the tatties on top lol, and then grate some cheese and slice a couple of tomatoes and pop them on and then put it in the oven on around 150 (Electric) for around 45 mins and its scrummy. My Hubby has a massive plate full of it and I have a very nice helping too. ussually have it with some petit pois, Oh god i could just eat it now lol, I will have to make it this week sometime.

omg sounds lush i gonna make some thanks x

Hi Helen, are you really 4 weeks post op already? That has gone so quick. COngrats on your weight loss hun.

Sorry no advice re the food but Jo's fish pie recipe sounds lush.

Hi Helen..I'm only 10 days post op and hearing such good news ONLY helps spur people on and I've got another week of fluids then move onto puree's so know doubt you have been/seen/and done all this...

Enjoy all the suggestions put forward on what to eat and once again "BIG" well done....

Mark

4 weeks post op tomorrow and 2 stone down whoop whoop !!

But due to start on soft food , anyone have any good ideas im running out i have looked at the stickys and not really come up with that much, im getting bored of eating the same things

Thanks
Helen
xxxxx
wow great loss lady ! get that ticker moving, how have you been feeling?

Trouble is we all get different advise from the various hospitals. If you have it done at Walsall you are only allowed pureed food between four weeks and eight weeks and even then it has to almost run off the spoon.

You are also told protein protein protein!! Its to aid the healing which internally apparently takes around three months. No carbs so its tiny amounts of potatoes and no pasta.

I must admit I've found it hard to find things that don't taste yukk when you liquidise them (chicken is horrible wizzed) but the time soon passes. I did a lot of experimenting with fruits, custards with artificial sweetners, stuffed icepops for the crunch, tried freezing things if they wouldn't go down warm and vice versa.

I do have a lot of those boil in the bag cods (not the ones in butter mind) because they do seem to stay down quite well and are very soft but tried some mashed up carrots and at nine weeks they still got stuck, as did of all things some strawberrys.

I'm still having days when I totally fed up because I can't find anything different to eat and am so bored with fish and cottage cheese, but when I look at the scales it doesn't seem so important.

Another thing you can do is add a few shrimp/prawns to the base before topping with the tatties, i make mine from scratch sometimes then i add a chopped up boiled egg to the base as well as a mix of fish and prawms in a white parsley or cheese sauce depending on my mood

stews are great at this stage i just throw everything in the slow cooker and leave it to do its self then thicken the juices with cornflour. or rissotto or paella done with lots of veg and meets but half the rice.

Back