• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

food getting stuck!!

jaynel

Hi I have read a few posts about people with bands getting their food stuck? Can someone tel me why this happens? Sounds quite frightening, do you choke? Is it because perhaps the food hasn't been chewed enough? x

Not always....my band was too tight so the food phsically couldn't go down no matter how much I chewed. The only way for it to go was back up! It's not nice at all.

Hi jaynel, how was your surgery? I hope all went well. Keep us posted as I will be having mine done by Dr super at Dolan park. Best of luck

hi pauladerm my surgery went very well, even though I had to have a hiatus hernia fixed at the same time. After sleeping off the anaesthetic which took 2 - 3 days I was then back on my feet and feeling quite well. Not much shoulder pain, and no soreness from my wounds, which 10 days post op are healing very well. As I am still on liquid phase of diet, I am managing 2 yoghurts and a tin of campbells soup a day along with lots of coffees, and really feeling no humger at all! Good luck with your op x

Hi jaynel,
It seems u are getting on quite well. Have a speedy recovery and thanks for the update.

Food gets stuck because either it wasn't chewed properly, you are eating to quickly and too larger bites.

Its not pleasent but can be avoided x

every bander i think gets something stuck at somepoint but it does help you learn fast to chew chew chew i always feel discomfort and get a build up of salava thats really thick and then i know i always tried a warm drink as this can sometimes dislodge but if that didnt work id have to purge which is not good and is a last resort but its kind of the bare truth of it , as long as you take small mouthfulls chew chew chew then you should be able to avoid it , but occasionally you will find foods not matter how much you do all of this just get stuck sausages and eggs are my worst for it and chicken

Back