• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Food ideas please

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
Hiya, im 7 weeks out now, and am eating lots of chicken, tuna and babybels, but im getting bored of it. I need other foods, but dont want to drop any protein, any ideas? :wave_cry:

Protein shake for breakfast, 25g for starters?

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Do you not like custard or yoghurt? eggs if you can eat them, I enjoy fish cooked in foil in the oven cooks beautifully only takes bout 20 mins, filadelphia lite, natural yoghurt with fruit added to it, beans when you get bit further on a lot of people like a little bit of peanut butter. x Hope thats of some use Caren xx

Protein shake for breakfast, 25g for starters?

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery
they're too expensive :(
I also have a new job so dont have time to cook, as i do really long days, i need quick stuff xxx

Lately Caren I have been having small meringue nest filled with 6 strawberries cut up n bit of cream but suppose you could use natural yoghurt or custard but think cream would be ok i would see it as another protein. Feels like you hav really treated yourself having that love it. xc

Lately Caren I have been having small meringue nest filled with 6 strawberries cut up n bit of cream but suppose you could use natural yoghurt or custard but think cream would be ok i would see it as another protein. Feels like you hav really treated yourself having that love it. xc
To be honest Chris, im trying to stay away from sweet stuff, i dont want to encourage cravings for it, that sounds lovely though lol xxx

I've been researching proteins, high on the list are soya beans, pulses (lentils and the like), beans, chick peas, etc etc. So things like hummus, falafels should be good in terms of sources of protein. Don't know how that fits in with where you are in the process though. Almonds are supposed to be better than peanuts, but peanuts aren't bad.

Have it without the meringue, I still eat fat free prune yoghurts cos they help me go to the loo along with prune juice, they are sweet but I like you did stay away from all sweet things for a good while before I introduced the odd one back in now n again. The dietician said very small amount if needs be but rare occasions. Something tolook forward to for ya x

Have skimmed milk with some marvel in it Caren, far cheaper than protein shakes.......they taste ***** and give me the runs anyway lol!

As to what else to eat I have no idea as i'm crap at wondering what to have too ......I hate vegeatables too so my plight is forever ongoing :confused:

before my op i would'nt/could'nt eat veg (only spuds and maybe broccolli) but now i'm trying to be a bit more adventurous i have brussels peas and sweet potatoes now :D:D:D

Boiled egg? Bacon. Prawns. Milky coffee

I've been researching proteins, high on the list are soya beans, pulses (lentils and the like), beans, chick peas, etc etc. So things like hummus, falafels should be good in terms of sources of protein. Don't know how that fits in with where you are in the process though. Almonds are supposed to be better than peanuts, but peanuts aren't bad.
but they are sooo fattening! nuts that is lol and after ive had them, i run out of calories :sigh:

before my op i would'nt/could'nt eat veg (only spuds and maybe broccolli) but now i'm trying to be a bit more adventurous i have brussels peas and sweet potatoes now :D:D:D
but what about protein?

i eat more meat and fish than veg caren ;)
i eat chicken and fish, boil in the bag ones lol and i dont have time to cook, i do long hours, gawd im impossible, i'll work it out i guess :wave_cry:
maybe i should have a cooking day on my day off, but what can i take to work? cant have sandwiches lol xxx

Back