• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Food ideas please

What about an omelette and add more protein with ham and cheese, morrisons do different bits of seafood (like a platter) for around £2. Beans on toast if your ok with bread, smoked mackerel just pop it in the microwave, make a nice bolognese with turkey mince and tinned toms, or make your own turkey burger :) x

Hiya caren,have u tried quorn?? I can't swallow many meats so use this a lot,I actually prefer it,plus its high in protein..my facs are chicken quorn fajittas orr stir fry,quick to cook and very filling xx

i've been known to take a tin of baked beans to work and eat them cold ...........with a little spoon :D:D:D:D
lol good idea!!!

What about an omelette and add more protein with ham and cheese, morrisons do different bits of seafood (like a platter) for around £2. Beans on toast if your ok with bread, smoked mackerel just pop it in the microwave, make a nice bolognese with turkey mince and tinned toms, or make your own turkey burger :) x
thanks suzie some great ideas there, i didnt realise i could eat bread! i thought it was too much carbs x

cauliflower cheese with ham n grated cheese ,make a batch and freeze so you can take to work when you fancy it, cheese, ham n milk to make the sauce, 3 proteins there. x

pilchards/sardines in tomato sauce and a pasta salad is nice ............and it does'nt need warming up
i can have pasta? how do u fit all your protein in if u have all that other stuff?

Turkey burgers are quick and easy to make. You can buy fresh turkey mince, use an egg to bind them together and grill them. Making them your self means you can make any size you want and if you can eat mince ok you should be fine with them. You can top them with reduced fat houmous for added protein and serve with salad (no buns of course but you could wrap them in lettuce if you wanted too). If you made loads you could freeze some. I think that is safe to do but you might know more than me because I'm a bit of a kitchen noob. If you don't like turkey mince, lean mince or quorn mince should work.

Do you like pate? I've been having reduced fat pate of carrs melts crackers. Quite filling a fair amount of protein too.

only take one of those tins with the pull ring top caren as you'll starve before you get the lid off otherwise:bliss:

i can have pasta? how do u fit all your protein in if u have all that other stuff?

eat less carbs ie pasta bread and spuds .......... bulk out on your protein then top up a touch with a carb or two............its all about balance

Turkey burgers are quick and easy to make. You can buy fresh turkey mince, use an egg to bind them together and grill them. Making them your self means you can make any size you want and if you can eat mince ok you should be fine with them. You can top them with reduced fat houmous for added protein and serve with salad (no buns of course but you could wrap them in lettuce if you wanted too). If you made loads you could freeze some. I think that is safe to do but you might know more than me because I'm a bit of a kitchen noob. If you don't like turkey mince, lean mince or quorn mince should work.

Do you like pate? I've been having reduced fat pate of carrs melts crackers. Quite filling a fair amount of protein too.
Thanks for that shelley, ill make some burgers :) i dont like humous or lentels though yuk!! lol x
only take one of those tins with the pull ring top caren as you'll starve before you get the lid off otherwise:bliss:
lol you nugget!! :D x

Turkey Stir fry - takes less than 10 mins. Turkey fillets very cheap for 4, frozen stir fry veg - cheap and stores well, with some soy sauce.
I cook the fillet then leave it to rest while stir fry the veg, cut up the turkey and mix it back in with some soy - done, quick easy and cheap.... and sometimes a treat I buy the pork loin when they are on offer 6 for £4 cut all the fat off so you have nice little round fillets. I also make myself eat it with chop sticks (ok the ones from wagamama that I don't snap in two!) so it last longer and I make sure I eat slow!
Or just don't bother eating and just do your dancing! xxxx

Turkey Stir fry - takes less than 10 mins. Turkey fillets very cheap for 4, frozen stir fry veg - cheap and stores well, with some soy sauce.
I cook the fillet then leave it to rest while stir fry the veg, cut up the turkey and mix it back in with some soy - done, quick easy and cheap.... and sometimes a treat I buy the pork loin when they are on offer 6 for £4 cut all the fat off so you have nice little round fillets. I also make myself eat it with chop sticks (ok the ones from wagamama that I don't snap in two!) so it last longer and I make sure I eat slow!
Or just don't bother eating and just do your dancing! xxxx
hahaha i'll have to make another vid when im 3 months out :D :bananalove:

For my work lunch I always take a small salad - few spinach/salad leaves, pumpkin seeds, boiled egg, 2 cherry toms, inch cucumber, grated parmasan cheese and a tin of tuna or cold turkey fillet chopped up. Table spoon low fat salad cream, sprinkle of balsamic just before I eat it - approx 150 cals and 8g protein (plus your meat) I make them in two's so I don't have to do it every morning!
x

oh what about these cereal bars? i had a look and they have soooooo many carbs!! but i see people say they eat them x

For my work lunch I always take a small salad - few spinach/salad leaves, pumpkin seeds, boiled egg, 2 cherry toms, inch cucumber, grated parmasan cheese and a tin of tuna or cold turkey fillet chopped up. Table spoon low fat salad cream, sprinkle of balsamic just before I eat it - approx 150 cals and 8g protein (plus your meat) I make them in two's so I don't have to do it every morning!
x
great! thanks :) i love this place, always someone to help, i love you all!! :) xxx

Back