• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Food intake - Wow!

phatmomma

Well after reading someone's post about how many calories we should be taking in i decided to food focus and see what i've took in today protein wise etc...

Well i never! For a start i never knew tin peaches (in juice) had so many carbs in them....

But today i've had:

1 protein shake
1/2 tin peach halves in juice covered with muller light yoghurt
1/2 a slice of bread with ham n cheese on toasted
Tin of big soup
Angel delight

For this i have had approx 1000 cals, 33g fat, 114g carbs and 75g of protein... Who'd have thought it...

Ooops forgot that piece of garlic bread i pinched before the others in the house had their tea!

I'm really surprised at this......

im surprised that there s more carbs than protein.... but actually i looked yesterday at a smoothie carton and there was 28 grams in EACH glas of smoothie! you cant get away from them xx

Carbs are in a lot of fruit and veg, those hidden carbs are a shocker! I loved food focus during my losing stage, it really helped to acheive that 2:1 balance of protein:carbs.

its certainly an eye opener using a site like foodfocus. I dont use it every day, but pop on every now and then just to check that what I'm consuming isnt a million miles away from what it should be.

Like Shel said, we should aim for twice as much protein as carbs, especially in the early days, but being honest Ive never managed to achieve that myself. I do always try to keep my carbs around the 60g level or so though (and have cut them back even further recently) so this naturally pushes me towards protein richer foods.

To be honest though, as Ive said before, Ive never been anal about measuring/counting everything as when I had WLS I promised myself that I would never get too obsessed in the same way that I had with all the failed diets I have done over the years. So far so good. x

Back