• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

worried about protein intake please help

blossom11

Hi there weight loss lovelies,

So I had my band fitted last Thursday 7th April (a date I will never forget!).

I'm still very swollen and appear to be struggling with false restriction. I'm getting very little liquid food down. For example yesterday I managed 3 tablespoons of soup. Today I've had about 50ml of a shake.

I'm thinking of enhancing the little food I'm eating with added protein source or making my own juice/shakes.

I'm very new to all of this juicing and shaking!! Any ideas will be gratefully received.

I'm feeling ok energy wise. However I have a very busy, energetic job and I would feel happier if I were able to get more protein down me before then and to sustain me at work.

Apart from that I have an enormous feeling of positivity and I'm so glad that I made this decision. The wounds are healing very nicely and in fact one has almost gone! ...The wind comes and goes but I no longer feel like a balloon waiting to have the air let out!!

Good wishes to you all wherever you are on your journey.

Thanks in advance you lovely lot x x x x

Crystalrainbow

try adding milk powder or natural yogurt to your soups ....melted cheese in too :) don't worry this phase will be over before you know it..... i didn't do protein powders or such like, mainly because of the expense and i didn't come to any harm :)

AM sure others will be along soon to add their tips too x x x

Kar8858

Do not worry about protein at this point, just sip fluids and focus on recovery. The protein will come later, the main thing is your stomach heals and you dont do any damage...listen to what itbis telling you. We all have different journeys so some can get loads down and others barely nothing. Just keep sipping away and take it steady...

countrywench

Hey blossom
Sorry your worried about the fluids
What have your care team said about the amount of fluids your getting down ?
Is your wee pale or dark ? If it's pale then your hydrated , but you know that ..

I havnt had any problems with fluid intake up to now , fingers crossed ..
As for the protein , you can add that whey protein to a cup of milk ? Or try a cup of warm milk with a couple of spoons of milk powder stirred in . It might give you the lift you need ..

Let us know what your support team says
Hugs
Mindy
Xxxx

Crystalrainbow

gaud yes your surgeon says liquids only :) straight onto sloppy stuff here....anyway cream cheese stirred into thinned soup would still be ok

countrywench

Morning Blossom .. How you feeling today ?

Is your scar where the port is still very tender ? I can lay on that side at yet and that scar is the only one I can still feel as sore ..

Did you give your car team a call .
Mindy
Xxx

blossom11

Morning gorgeous folks,

So I had a good old chat with my care nurse and she wants me to try and eat a little more without forcing it down-aiming for one soup or shake a day...even if it takes the whole day. Basically I've got restriction from the swelling of my tummy and everything is tight. Also the main thing is staying hydrated so she wants me to sip sip sip all day. I actually feel totally fine and like myself but I was just worried how little calories I was taking in. It's very strange feeling so restricted. There's no sick I just feel very full. The fulness you feel after a Christmas lunch. I suppose the time to really worry is when I'm feeling ravenous pre fill!! Speaking of which that's all booked in too!

My scars no longer hurt and I haven't taken any pain relief for two days. I just feel a bit bruised inside. I'm not brave enough to send a photo but they are tiny. In fat one has nearly gone already!

Lovely day yesterday shopping at out local outlet. Although when we arrived home our lock had broken so £175 later we got in with the help of a locksmith!!

I'm averaging about 3000 steps a day (I have arthritis and FMS) so this is good going!! Looking for 4k today. This isnt in one go just the days total!!

Thanks as always for your wonderful kindness and support and ideas. I appreciate every single one x x

Mindy are you worried about the wounds if so wouldn't harm just to get them checked out. Let us know how you get on (sorry I'm being Mummy!!)

Off to hit the shops, my girl needs a trim and so do I and then looking for new specs. I do a direct debit so I get a free pair every year...good job after the locksmith bill!!

Much love to all of you on this sunny day x x x

countrywench

I tried to get a nurse appointment but it's a 2 weeks wait ! So Im going to pop in and ask for one of the emergency appointments as I just want the port wound checked ..
I cannot lay on my left side without feeling it pulling or aching . It's properly as it should be , after all there is a foreign object sitting in there and it's totally bruised ..
Blossom , what are you using to measure your steps ? I might get myself something so I know what I'm doing , or not doing !

blossom11

Yeah best to be sure but just check eh hunny x x

Well I looked at the really dear ones but I think they are great for mountain climbers, swimmers and cyclists...I'm none of these.

So mine is a £12 amazon special!! It has the time, steps walked, miles walked and also has a sleep thing to assess quality of sleep I never use that function. It links up with your phone where you can set targets and provides graphs etc...

It does come from China takes about 3 weeks to arrive...but it's worth it. Others are about £100.

Otherwise my best friend uses a good old fashioned pedometer and that does the trick too!!

If you search pedometer watch on amazon you'll see it. Comes in all different strap colours x x

Mrs Noodles

Glad to hear your feeling ok Blossom and your doing great with your steps a day!

I'm a little the same, I'm 2 week post op sleeve and struggling to eat much, more than 4 teaspoons in anyone time and i'm full. I've found i'm not too bad with greek yoghurt and have been having one a day upbeat protein drink as well. x