• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

FOOD PORTIONS

DukeAmirOften

How long is it before you start to have meals again after wls....and what is the usual portion size.....I know there is a build up from surgery etc from liquids to pureed food, but just wondering what happens a few months/years down the line.

Also once you reach the weight you are happy with what do you do to make sure you dont loose more weight?

I know these may seem like daft questions but i need to ask or i will worry.

Thanks ever so much for the constant support

Mandy x

I'm with you there Mandy, I am at the point of starting my pre-op liver shrinking diet and have read up on it and all the stages post op but can't find much about what to do once you get to goal and need to maintain. I assume thats why we keep seeing the dietian, but from what I have read on others diaries that they add in higher carbs and fats that help you stop losing and find the fine balance between maintaining and losing. I am sure some of the other ladies and gentlemen who have reached that happy place will fill us both in and correct me if I am wrong. Hope that helps a bit until they catchup with this thread.

Hiya had a look at that link and found it very helpfull thanks x

I have this and several others plus I brought weight loss surgery cookbook for dummies and that has some great info as does Gastric bypass surgery by Mary McGowan and Jo McGowan Chopra, also eating well after weight loss surgery by Pat Levine and Michelle Bontempo-saray (this book even has details of when on your journey with food you should be able to cope with each dish for each type of surgery. I am also reading at the momnet the emotional first aid kit a practical guide to life after bariatric surgery it has some great ideas onhow to cope with the emotional and physical changes and temptations we will face post-op. So far in my pre-op stge I have found them all great books to give you all sides and perspectives of the surgery. May be worth a borrow from your library or buy on ebay or amazon. Yes they are all american but I can find very few written by english writers. But you can alos get their cup measures cheaply from ebay to and the internet translates the different names for common foods easily. I am looking forward to trying some of the recipies soon.

Back