• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Food stuck - help!!

Neticak

So I have had my first experience of food getting stuck in my band. The other day I bought my kids a fish butty - i was hungry so had a nibble of the fish. Was lovely so today I thought I'll have some fish from the fish and chip shop for lunch. Biggest mistake ever. I took maybe two bites, I can't even remember how I chewed them I'm sure I did 20, 20, 20 but I have just spent the last hour between the toilet trying to throw up and pacing to see if its settled. I'm still not sure it has.

It's the scariest feeling I've ever experienced.

This morning when I had my scrambled eggs it was struggle getting it down so I don't know what's going on but I want it to stop.

What should I do?

I would stick to liquids for a day or two and allow your stomach to settle before proceeding with caution back onto solid food.

There's no rhyme or reason sometimes with what gets stuck I'm afraid but chewing and small amounts are a must!

It could just of been the size of the mouthful x

Thanks Mazza, after my last post I managed to get it all out. My insides feel sore though so I'll be taking your advice and sticking to liquids for a while.
It was one of my biggest fears getting food stuck and I have to be more cautious from now on

Oh poor you Net !

I had an attack of the stuck and foamys with a bag of nuts .. never again ! I thought I would pass out it was so awful ..
You may have bruised your tummy a little so like Mazza says stick to sleep e liquid for a day or so .
. drinking fluid on top of a stuck episode actually makes it worse I discovered !
Even though I take small bites and put my knife and fork down inbetween mouthfuls , I have had a couple of near misses so dunno why it happens sometimes ..
hope your feeling better now ?

I'm sipping on some options hot chocolate now and thinking about going to M&S to buy a scrummy soup for tea. I had a late lunch of weetabix!

I'm so glad its passed now but it was the worst feeling ever. Never again I promise!

Sorry you have experienced this, it is not nice.

As Mazza has said stick to liquids for a few days to let things settle back down. I had a bad episode with chicken, but I have now eaten it ok.

Hope it eases for you soon.

That sounds horrible. Are you feeling better now?

if I a man totally honest I think it was a good thing it happened... I was getting a little too comfortable and not being respectful of my band. Since my little mishap I've been really planning my meals and doing my 20, 20, 20 religiously!

I don't ever want to have that feeling again it was honestly the scariest thing (bar child birth ) that's happened to me

Back