• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Food Supplements

jema

Hi all. I was just wondering if anyone else has taken food supplements whilst trying too lose weight (pre-op) and what did you think?
I have been taking GTF Chromium for a couple of weeks, and noticed my cravings for sweet stuff has subsided - a lot! I ran out of these 3 days ago, and today I gave in to temptation and had a jammy dodger, a Ringtons chocolate wafer and a curly wurly.
Is it mind over matter, or are they really making such a big difference....?

never heard of it, but i want to know more! :D

I got this off a website for you. Hope it helps...

Chromium is an essential mineral found in very low concentrations in the human body. In 1957, researchers discovered a compound extracted from pork kidney called glucose tolerance factor (GTF). Administration of GTF helped diabetic rats use insulin more efficiently. People with diabetes either do not produce enough insulin or cannot properly use the insulin that their bodies produce. Insulin is a hormone that is needed to convert sugar, starches and other food into energy needed for daily life. As a result, glucose or sugar builds up in the bloodstream. Chromium was later identified as the active component of GTF. Today, scientists believe that chromium helps insulin bring glucose from the blood into the cells for energy.
As many as 90% of American diets are low in chromium, but few people are deficient in this important mineral. The elderly, people who indulge in strenuous exercise, those who consume excessive amounts of sugary foods, and pregnant women are most likely to be deficient in chromium. Low chromium levels can increase blood sugar, triglycerides (a type of fat in the blood), cholesterol levels, and increase the risk for a number of conditions, such as diabetes and heart disease.
Good chromium food sources include whole grain breads and cereals, lean meats, cheeses, and some spices, such as black pepper and thyme. Brewer' s yeast is also rich in chromium.

Like I say, it works for me. I'm not telling anyone to go out and buy it, just thought I'd share what helps me. :)

I use Forskolin, combined with exercise it can increase the rate of fat consumption and appears to have many other benefits. See:- Forskolin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. It is not easy to obtain and I buy from Ebay if available or from the USA, which is not cheap. The easiest to obtain in the UK is called C-Bolic and is about £20 for a months supply. It does need to be combined with exercise to work,on fat reducing but has other properties just from taking it.

HTH
Chris

jema said:
Hi Caren. It's supposed to have some effect on the the glucose (GTF = Glucose Tolerance Factor) and how the body absorbs it I think. I searched for it from Holland & Barrett and the info popped up there. I just can't figure out if it really works or if it's like a placebo...:rolleyes:

Thanks so much :) x

I use Forskolin, combined with exercise it can increase the rate of fat consumption and appears to have many other benefits. See:- Forskolin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. It is not easy to obtain and I buy from Ebay if available or from the USA, which is not cheap. The easiest to obtain in the UK is called C-Bolic and is about £20 for a months supply. It does need to be combined with exercise to work,on fat reducing but has other properties just from taking it.

HTH
Chris

Thanks for that Chris. Just gonna read all about it now.

I got this off a website for you. Hope it helps...

Chromium is an essential mineral found in very low concentrations in the human body. In 1957, researchers discovered a compound extracted from pork kidney called glucose tolerance factor (GTF). Administration of GTF helped diabetic rats use insulin more efficiently. People with diabetes either do not produce enough insulin or cannot properly use the insulin that their bodies produce. Insulin is a hormone that is needed to convert sugar, starches and other food into energy needed for daily life. As a result, glucose or sugar builds up in the bloodstream. Chromium was later identified as the active component of GTF. Today, scientists believe that chromium helps insulin bring glucose from the blood into the cells for energy.
As many as 90% of American diets are low in chromium, but few people are deficient in this important mineral. The elderly, people who indulge in strenuous exercise, those who consume excessive amounts of sugary foods, and pregnant women are most likely to be deficient in chromium. Low chromium levels can increase blood sugar, triglycerides (a type of fat in the blood), cholesterol levels, and increase the risk for a number of conditions, such as diabetes and heart disease.
Good chromium food sources include whole grain breads and cereals, lean meats, cheeses, and some spices, such as black pepper and thyme. Brewer' s yeast is also rich in chromium.

Like I say, it works for me. I'm not telling anyone to go out and buy it, just thought I'd share what helps me. :)

Thanks Jema, I have a diabetic review this month so will check with them to see if I could/should take it xx

Back