• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dumping pre-op..?

jema

Morning everyone. I have a strange question.... Can you dump pre-op?
I have stuck to my new diet/lifestyle for 11 weeks now, and lost 36lbs. Last night I made a major boo boo and had a curly wurly, a ringtons chocolate biscuit, a jammy dodger and custard cream as well as a bag of crisps....:break_diet: Silly I know, but I thought this is nothing compared to previous pig-outs and I was planning to work it off today.
Anyway, at about 2 a.m I woke with terrible stomach pains, feeling cold and a terrible headache. I went to the loo and tried to make myself 'go' then I had to shout of my hubby. I thought I was dying.... Then I was sick! The pain eased, so I got back into bed. This morning I feel fine, just have a niggling headache.
The only thing I can think of is that I've dumped. :eek:

I suppose it was!An overload of sugar into your system when you have been off it for a while will spike your insulin levels.Maz x

At least you know what you're in for lol glad you're ok now x

i done cambridge diet soul source for 6 months solid - on me birthday had some cake and dumped quite badly.... only ever the once and was okay after that....... gp said it was sugar overload and stomach had shrank with the liquid only diet. xx

i done cambridge diet soul source for 6 months solid - on me birthday had some cake and dumped quite badly.... only ever the once and was okay after that....... gp said it was sugar overload and stomach had shrank with the liquid only diet. xx

This was sometime pre-op..?

I never thought this could happen pre-op. I still feel a little yucky with a fuzzy head now. At least it'll keep me from eating rubbish!

yes this was in 2009 - i was naughty with cambridge as dont think you suppsed to go more than 2 weeks with packs only - had one 24 weeks lost 7 stone not a morsal of food passed me mouth! my first meal i was ill off it! learnt me lesson like xx

2 weeks means 12 weeks!!!! put it all back on within 12 months...but im bypassed and 52lbs off... loving it! lol xxx

I said to the dietitian I had suffered dumping and she poo pooed it saying you can only do it after a bypass.

BUT. I think maybe its not official dumping, but it is a sugar rush and yes it can happen and you feel awful. I too thought I was dying, my heat rate was so fast, and the sweats well. The worst was on an overdose on Rocky road chocolate cake :-(

Back