• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

For old and new minis!

salski

Hiya all - as we have a new site, we may have new guests, we may not yet...but lets begin an introductory thread!

Im Sally Im 24 and from Manchester. I had my gastric bypass on 27th April 2009. I have so far lost 6 stone and am very please with the results. I had my surgery at Salford Royal Hospital. I live with my fiancée Darren and am getting Married on 1st May 2010.

Sally xxxxxxxxx

Hi! I am Nev and I am a 34 year old stay at home mum to three wonderful little girls. I am having my gastric bypass with Mr Ammori on the 27th of this month. I cannot wait!

Hello everyone im Carole im a 46yr old single mum to a fantastic 20yr old son, I am also a short break foster carer for children with disabilities. I had my gastric bypass on the 6th Nov 2008 at Salford Royal performed by the one and only Mr Ammorie since my bypass i have lost just over 9 stone but have lost 11stone 4lbs to date. life couldnt be much better.

Hi everyone

I'm Lynda, 57, live in Leeds had a revision bypass on 13th Oct performed by Mr Dexter on NHS to correct a faulty old fashioned irreversible band and have lost a stone since the op.

Hello everyone.

My name is Sam, Im 36, married to Neil with two wonderful daughters, Charlotte 12 and Zoe 5.

In my day job I work for a charity as a debt adviser, helping businesses and individuals to manage their debt situations.

I had my bypass on 30th August 2009 at Walsall Manor with the wonderful Mr Amir Khan.

Hi all i am Roch i am 41 and i live in Enfield with my 17 yr old son Aaron and my 2 dogs lol. I am having my bypass mid jan 2010 and although pre op i have lost 34 lbs in the past 4 months x

Hi.. I'm Linzi

I'm married with 2 kids Jacob 6 & Amalie 2. I am an Area Manager for the Body Shop at Home.

I'm at the start of my journey working with my GP to help me seek funding for an op.

Good luck everyone with your journeys. xx

Hi all... My name is Julie, I'm 43 years young and I am married to my partner... I have 3 sons from my previous marriage one of whom is serving in Afghanistan at the moment! :cry:

I'm waiting to have a Gastric Band fitted at The Heartlands Hospital in Birmingham ~ I also live around a 10 minute drive from there.

x

Hello I'm Shel, I'm 30 and had my gastric bypass on 16th July 2008. I reached target in 9 months, and am now maintaining. I fell pregnant 8 months post op, which has been a steep learning curve!

Hi, my name is Louise and live in Blackpool. I have 4 children aged 11, 9 and 5 year old twins. I am currently waiting to see if I get funding for the gastric bypass. I would be interested to know what the average waiting time is for finding out if it has been approved. I'm keeping everything crossed, lol x

Hi my name is Nic, I am 36, American & living with my adoring hubby of nearly 12 years in the UK while I get my PhD. I had a gastric bypass 12 months ago by the famous Dr. Basil Ammori at Salford Royal Hospital and now have lost 105% of my excess weight.

Hi All....
My name is Michelle / Shell (Dont matter) I am 35yrs
I live in Salford with my O/H Alan and our 2 kids
Daniel 13, Aaliyah 7.
Oh, not forgetting Jenny - the Boxer aged 9. :p
Had my Bypass performed by Mr.Senapati at Salford Royal
on Thurs Oct 29th 2009. On a liquid diet at the mo, and for another 2wk before i move onto puree.
I work in a Funeral Directors and love it!
My goal is to lose 8 1/2 stone, 1stone 8lbs already gone! :D

TTFN. x

Hi, I'm John, 60 single and living in West London. I had my bypass this week (3/11/09) by Mr Ahmed at Charing Cross Hospital. I am on a week of liquids, can't wait to progress to pureed food next week. I lost 30lbs pre-op and am excited to see how I do post-op.

Hello everyone old and new, My name is Sue i'm 50 years old, Married to my wonderful hubby Dan have 2 daughters laura 19, paige 18...and our dogs, we all live in epsom downs in surrey...... I Had a gastric band fitted in Aug 09 which is my new best friend and have lost 44lbs.......so i'm very happy & living life to the full:flirt2::flirt2::flirt2:

Hi I'm Nina, 41 and live with my partner of 14 years Dean and our two sons, aged 8 and 10 who are both autistic. We live on the edge of a lovely village in Dorset. I had my band over a year ago and am almost half way through losing my excess 17 stone. I'm looking forward to getting slim so Dean and I can get married finally !

Hi I'm Lorna and I live in Northumberland. I am 45, married with a 24 year old son and a 22 year old daughter. I have arranged to go private for a gastric bypass with the Spire in Washington with Mr Peter Small, which is planned for mid January.

Back