• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie from Italy

Bally

Hi all.
I'm from Italy and new to the forum. I've been lurking for a few days because I'm scheduled for a gastric bypass on May 6th and wanted to read as many experiences as possible.
Let me thank all of you for sharing and helping.
I'm truly terrified by surgery (I hate needles and have a very low pain tolerance level) and very anxious for the post op.
I've already packed my bag (I know it's early, but I'm trying to keep anxiety under control) and start my pre op milk diet tomorrow (only 7 days for me, fortunately).
I'm also a bit nervous for having to go to work next week while I'll be only drinking 'cause I have an hour and half commuting trip each way and I'm afraid I can feel sick on the way. Any suggestion would be welcome.
Well. This post is far too long to be an introductory one so, please, excuse me! I’m really, truly, nervous!

Welcome to the forum Bally, good luck with your op :)

Greetings Bally and welcome :) I can't comment about nausea on the milk diet as I did a different pre-op diet but there are lots of members on here who have done the milk diet and I'm sure they will be along shortly to give you some pointers :) Best of luck on your weight loss journey x x

Thank you, girls!
I'm so proud of myself.
I made it to work with no breakfast. Just two espresso coffees to get me going (no sugar, a bit of my milk allowance).
I've had one of my two 0% greek yoghurts once there but I find it pretty difficult to drink 500ml of 1% fat, no lactose milk. Hate the taste if it's not well chilled and this one isn't. We do not have a fridge at work.
Don't want to think how awful my lunch yoghurt and milk will taste. :-(

EDIT: Couldn't even try more milk so brought some baby's stock powder and made a clear broth with some hot tap water...better than lukewarm milk. I'll be low on proteins for having skipped some of the milk so I think I'll buy some whey protein powder to add to my dinner.

Last edited:
Back