• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

For old and new minis!

hi im alison ive had a gastric band fittied on the 11th of june i live in portsmouth and i am doing ok slow but surely!!

Hi im hannah im 35 , i own a barbers shop ,married and have three children ryan 14 benjamin 7 and chloe 5 . Im due to have my bypass on 16th of december but due to them finding i have high blood pressure on my pr op tests it may be cancelled (hopefully not but we will see ) i live in west yorkshire and will be having my op in huddersfield by dr ainsley x

Hi everyone, my names Terri and am a 35yr old mother of 2 girls. I had a gastric bypass on May 13th 2009 and have lost nearly 7 stone. I have recently started college and hope to start my teaching degree next september at university, and I can't wait. Am loving life at the minute and the only regret about my op is that I didn't sort it out sooner. Forgot to say op by Mr Khan at Walsall Manor - big up the wasall masiiive possie

Last edited:
Hi all,
I am Leanne, aged 38. Married with 3 kids.
Been on/off diets since age of 15.
Funding been approved for weight loss surgery. I want a gastric bypass. Am waiting for first appointment at Birmingham Heartlands...
L x

Hi everyone I am Lisa and had my gastric bypass done at Walsall Manor by Mr.Khan 3 days ago. I am married with 3 children, Darren 19, Charlotte 18 and Luke almost 16. I am being spoilt rotten by Andrew my husband at the moment and I am enjoying every minute of it. I was naughty and got on the scales today and I have lost 8lbs in 3 days ha ha what a great decision I made to have this op worth all the aches and pains to see the results. Hope everyone is well xxx

Hi My name is Gail (Abigail) I am 50 years old and live with my husband Lenny & my Black Shnauzer dog Micky (Michael). I had my surgery at the Spire Manchester with the Lovely Mr Basil Ammori on the 10th July upto present my weight loss is just over 4 stone , but I have lost an incredible 56" in total. Gail-Michelle x

Hi My name is Gail (Abigail) I am 50 years old and live with my husband Lenny & my Black Shnauzer dog Micky (Michael). I had my surgery at the Spire Manchester with the Lovely Mr Basil Ammori on the 10th July upto present my weight loss is just over 4 stone , but I have lost an incredible 56" in total. Gail-Michelle x

thats a lb an inch gail well done

hi im claudia (24) i live with my bf dave and our 2 cats lol,
due to habe my bypass november 19th 09 with mr alan li at manchester spire xx

Hi I'm Wendy,
I'm 42 and married to Paul, I have 2 daughters Jamie 23 and Sharna 17 and 1 son Travis 5
I hope to have a gastric bypass early in 2010 at Walsall Manor.:gimi:
Jamie has announced she is getting married to Richard on 6th November 2010.:character00250:
So I've got 12 months to lose some serious weight and organise a wedding.:character00115:
What a year 2010 will be:happy036:

Hi, I'm Rita, I've got 3 kids (21, 17 and 13) and been married for almost 18 yrs. I'm currently waiting for funding approval (already denied once) + surgery date at St Richards with Mr Sommers. The waiting is killing me but since I found this website this week I feel more confident :) thanks everyone

My name is Jane, I have been married to a wonderful man (Ian) for 30 years next month (22nd). I have two sons, who both celebrated birthdays in the past couple of days. Travis was 26 on November 6th, and Jared was 29 on November 7th. I had my gastric band fitted on July 18th, 2008 and have lost 4stone 7pounds so far. Slow and steady. Due for a further adjustment on November 18th, and cant wait. Best decision I ever made to have the band done, wish I had had it done sooner. I work for a local council in the Housing Department. Good luck to all those on this weight loss journey
MyNewLife:)

Hiya my name is Jane i have been married to my husband for 30 years on the 3rd November. I have 2 sons aged 26 and 19 and a gorgeous granson 18 months old oh and a staffie aged 2. I had my gastric bypass at walsall manor on the 8th March 2009 by the very talented Dr Khan and up to today have lost 12 stone and 1 pound and i am very happy.:D:D

I'm Gill, I am a 52 year old newly qualified nurse, single parent of Ben (21 year old Royal Marine) and Josh (18 year old college student). I am having a bypass on Thursday 12th November at St. Richards in Chichester, w. sussex with the Fat Doctor, Shaw Somers.

I'm Jackie

I'm (happily) divorced and live alone except for 2 labradors. I had a band 6 years ago abroad but it was one problem after another. I had some fills here from different people but still things weren't right. Eventually I ended up with Shaw Somers when I was desperate and saw Anne Diamond on the TV. What a relief. My band was also fitted in the wrong place and it had been made worse by having lots of fills and defills over here. The best bit was knowing it wasn't all in my head and that he could help me. I had a bit of money left over from a small property sale so he reoperated and put in a completely new band as the other one was looking tatty. I couldn't believe the difference. He has been fantastic and continued to be interested in me after my operation. I was ill one week when he was away on holiday. I got to see Guy Slater who was also nice but my heart still belongs to Shaw. LOL.
I hate leaving phone messages as i never believe that they get passed on but with him I can send an email and he'll reply or get someone in the team to reply which suits me fine.
I can't think what else to write except don't give up if you are struggling. Get help sooner rather than later. I lost 2 years before being sorted out properly. I lost 9 stones and wear a size 8-10 now. I wish I had done it years ago instead of wasted money on faddy diets and things I knew wouldn't work. I also wish I had thought more about aftercare. My first band was an expensive and painful mistake. Good luck to everyone here.

I am Dawn, 56 (no I cant be!) and live in Manchester. I am dedicating 2010 as the year to rebuild me. First the bypass, then the hysterectomy! When I am not surfing, I am knitting, I love doing both and they are a good distraction from eating. Reading everyone's stories on here inspires me and gives me the encouragement to see it through. Should be an interesting year.:newbie:

Hi, I'm Sam and I live in Kenley, Surrey with my husband Don adn two boys Ben (12) and Antony (9). I am having my gastric bypass on 17th November by Mr Marcus Reddy at St Georges. I can't wait to get my life back!

Hi, I'm Rose - I'm 50 and have been married to my OH for 27 years. We have two mad cats and no children. I am a civil servant and work in Whitehall.

I am waiting to have a gastric bypass with Mr El Hasani at Orpington. In fact I was given a date for surgery on 6 December but that was cancelled almost as soon as I'd been given it, as their funding ran out :sigh: ...so I'm back on the waiting list and I have been told not to expect a date before February at the earliest. :badmood:

Rose

Can I just say that its lovely to see introduction posts from some of the newer members.

I look forward to getting to know you all and following your journeys.

Back