• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Forceval

Oh dear, just took my first Forceval tablet and I feel decidedly sick.....is it my imagination or has anyone else had this reaction?

Though I am nearing 7 weeks post-op, this is the first time I have took them...had been taking an OTC multivitamin till now.:sigh:

Thanks Wonderlust, have a clearer picture now !
Will try taking first one tomorrow morning, on an empty stomach.
Are you taking the chewy Calcium supplement , too ?

I am on Calceos.

They are lemon flavoured, vaugely, bit like huge refreshers lol

I was having vitamin D issues before the op.

Had a blood test 2 weeks ago, still marginal so these will help, although I was on D2 and these are D3.

No idea of the difference

I swear that tablets is lodged in my throat somewhere!

Thats how I felt.

Now I feel sick even thinking about taking them :(

What time is your appointment tomorrow, Wonderlust?

I was just told to turn up about 12-12:30 ish...:confused:

So will leave home at 9.30ish and have a coffee at the pub before walking down the hill to the Hospital for about 11.45.

To be truthfull I am more worried that excited.

I can't tell if I've lost anything since the last weigh in at 2 weeks post op.

I know it's only five weeks since then, but I am only really going to be happy if I've got to an unrealistic 199.9Kg or less...

and that's a >17Kg loss

Will keep my fingers crossed for you, though any loss is a good loss. If you don't reach your target this week...you will reach it soon enough....are you being refered back to Guys and St.Thomas' after this appointment?

I think there is another appointment at 3 months post-op.
Though I am with Mr.Bothas' clinic...so will see him or one of his staff.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you, though any loss is a good loss. If you don't reach your target this week...you will reach it soon enough....are you being refered back to Guys and St.Thomas' after this appointment?

I think there is another appointment at 3 months post-op.
Though I am with Mr.Bothas' clinic...so will see him or one of his staff.

My understanding is that I do get discharged back to Guys and St. Thomas' after tomorrow.

I too am under Mr Botha, So I guess I will be required to go there again.

It's a little harder for me to get to, but luckily just a single bus ride (no 12) from where I street park...

Glad I invested in an Oyster card :)

I cant take forceval on an empty stomach, always makes me feel really sick. Have no problem once i have eaten.

Kim

I leave my forcevals for the week out of the packet makes them softer & easier to swallow. I cannot stand the chewable calcium tablet it nay taste like lemon but I feel like in crunching chalk lol x x

Hi

I started my Forcevals on week 6 and never had any issues, and I take mine in the morning after I have had me wheatabix as well., mind you before surgery I used to take 12 different pills all in one go, I must have a big gullet as well as a big belly :)

Paul

I take my in the evening about an hour before bed , I hated going to work feeling nauseous when i took them in the morning :-(

Kate x

Trying hard not to be sick this morning.....its a horrible sensation...why do these tablets make you so nauseous?
I left them out overnight, to soften them, too.
Think I might react better with some food in my stomach...will have to try that for this evenings dose .

Back