• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

fortimel drinks

xxsarahxx

I'm 2 weeks post op, still on liquid stage and everytime i have a fortimel drink i go abit funny. Weak, ill feeling and just want to lie down....could this be dumping?

Could be, I couldnt drink them not even watered down with milk, I saw them again after I drank them lol
lol...you poor thing. I love the chocolate one but they are defo doing something to me x

I havent tried them Sarah but have the same feeling when I have a small glass of milk or too much milk on my weetabix. I feel very sick and need to lie down. x

I havent tried them Sarah but have the same feeling when I have a small glass of milk or too much milk on my weetabix. I feel very sick and need to lie down. x
aint it strange....i think i'm going to have to stop having them. It's a shame because i love them. This liquid stage is blooming hard work!!!

Could be the sugars,milk has a natural sugar in it.Try rice milk or soya if it doesnt change.

Plus a lot of people become lactose intolerant for a few months immediately post op. Are other milky drinks affecting you?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Sarah try watering them down and see if that helps. But as Shelbel says some people can become lactose intolerant for a short period after surgery, i did however my symptoms manifested with a very sore bum and multiple fast runs to the loo....

I have just logged on for the first time in weeks and see you had your surgery. Well done. How are you feeling?

I have just logged on for the first time in weeks and see you had your surgery. Well done. How are you feeling?
Thanks hun, i'm doing great...just these fortimel making me a little funny...hubby said i've always been funny though lol

Could be the sugars,milk has a natural sugar in it.Try rice milk or soya if it doesnt change.
Thanks maz, i think i might try the soya milk, i do really like it x

Plus a lot of people become lactose intolerant for a few months immediately post op. Are other milky drinks affecting you?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Touch wood shel i seem to be ok with the milk when i drink it on it's own. I looked at the back of the fortimel drink and the sugar does seem alittle high. I might try watering it down as julie has suggested..thanks x

Back