• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

FREEZING COLD

borogirl

Hi
I was bypassed in Feb 13, and I remember being cold, but I simply cannot get warm at all. I wear thermals, two pairs of socks at all times, but I am freezing. Its getting me down as I worry about what I will wear because of this! When does this stop?

My feet, hands and nose are like blocks of ice and last night, I slept with a winter duvet plus another duvet on top, and I was wearing a hoodie!

Help long termers!:cry:

My house is like a sauna - its cracking my hubby and kids up. I sit with blankets on. I know this should calm down once my body regulates from my weight loss, but it really is a nightmare! Its beyond normal. Hubby making me take paracetamol as he thinks I am coming down with something but its not that. It is probably the worst side effect for me. x

My house is like a sauna - its cracking my hubby and kids up. I sit with blankets on. I know this should calm down once my body regulates from my weight loss, but it really is a nightmare! Its beyond normal. Hubby making me take paracetamol as he thinks I am coming down with something but its not that. It is probably the worst side effect for me. x

Hi
This is my 3rd winter & I must say the first one was my worst. Last year was not as bad & this year I think I am on a par with the rest of my family. So for me it was a temporary setback until my body adjusted to the lost of it's fat store (I say this with my fingers crossed :)) I now have a huge stock of wheat pads which is a kinder way to keep warm than having the heating on at a level that is uncomfortable for the rest of the household. I have not needed them this year though :) good luck as I know it is not one of the side effects we are warned about but I suppose it is common sense if we stopped to think about it ... that & the sore bones that have lost their padding :wave_cry: ouch x

Thank you. I hav just read your post to my hubby and he is saying the heating temperature is uncomfortable. I am worst in the car, I have a coat, scarf, gloves on and make them take everything off as I cant bear them being too hot and wanting the cold on.
Plus side, the boots I could never fasten up my calf can now hold 3 pairs of socks and are still slack!

Wear a woolly/furry hat, that will help keep you warm. If you're really that cold, go to TK Maxx and buy some cheap ski gear, that will keep you properly warm.

Also, try a slanket, hot water bottle, a hot drink and big fluffy slippers, you'll be warm as toast in no time.

Oh dear! Now I'm seriously worrying for next winter's heating bill! I'm always cold too.
Put the winter duvet on my bed at the beginning of October.
Lit a fire - a couple of days ago - with 20°C outside (but I live in the country and it's damp.I needed drying up the walls), and already have a few hours of heating on daily.
I believe I should go buy some winter (thermal? woolen?) underwear and a new hot water bottle. Hope it's the cheapest way to keep warm. :-(

Boro girl I was also bypassed in feb this year and god strike me down do I feel the cold!! I have never worn a coat in my life I was always HOT pre op, if I said I was cold it must have been because I never complained of the cold. But since looking 9 1/2 stone I am ALWAYS cold!! I have to also say this Aug I went to Cyprus and it felt sooo amazing not being the beach whale who had sweat dripping off me. I actually enjoyed a summer holiday slim and sweet free!!!

I sUppose there's no pleasing me!! Haha

Hope you warm up x

Oh God this is me, I'm only four weeks post op but I'm over 8 stone down in total in the eighteen months since I started this journey and I'm currently sat with two jumpers on a t shirt Cords slippers and my duvet over me and still I'm cold. I hope it doesn't take years to adjust :p

Is this normal then? I am normally a hot person , but been freezing these last few weeks. Don't want heating on all the time due to cost. Is this for life or will it change?

I'm cold all the time! Even wearing a 3 layers around the house,2 socks..and I'm over 3 years out.
I'd rather be colder than hot and sweaty anyday.

It's my hands and feet that are freezing. Prior to the op, I was always in my bare feet, never wore slippers, always toasty. Now I just can't get the heat up. My heating has been on since the day I got home from hospital. However, I do live in the north east of Scotland ;)

I suffer from very cold hands my dietician says it's quite common due to not having a stomach and said not enough food inside to warm up your body
So the body cools down the hands as does not need to waste energy
Seems quite right as if I eat small amounts and move they warm up a bit but I bought a hand warmers from asda you snap a little penny inside and it heats up and to reset it you boil it for 3 mins

Gawd help me then when I get mine done as I'm always cold now as it is, I have a 13.5 tog duvet on the bed in the summer (usually doubled as fella throws his onto me) then in winter I add a heavy fleece on top of the duvet :)

I am freezing too! Layers help but if my feet or hands get cold it's very difficult to warm them back up again.

Cannot get my feet warm even with numerous socks and slippers on. Have my b12 this week on Fri. will this help? Brrrrrrrr

They never tell you that being thin makes us cold but then it's worth it I bought a hand warmer off eBay lasts all day just great

Back