• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

FROM BAD TO WORSE........

J-Mo

As everyone knows I'm struggling with weight on the pre-op & I'm desperate to lose few more ponds to ensure they don't cancel my op tomorrow.

I felt bit off colour yesterday & very cold but put it down to the pre-op milk diet as I've been cold since I started it.

However, I work up this morning ill!!!! I'm got a cold. I'm so ill that I haven't been able to go to work today..... :cry:

Sorry for the self pity & ramble but I can't see me getting this op at all. I'm still going for the pre-op assessment tomorrow.

j-mo
is it actually your op tomorrow?

Sweetheart, just keep snuggled in and take some cold remedies to help you with the worst of it. Do not despair!! I bet you feel like all the odds are against you but don't be all despondant.
I wish I could reassure you but just focus on keeping warm cosy and resting today to keep your stress to a minimum.
I know it's difficult but you have to stop convincing yourself that the op is doomed to be cancelled...please try ! Focus on what you DO want to happen and take it as it comes.

Oh dear poor you. This dieting stuff really does make you colder.

Keep warm and snuggled and fingers crossed all will be ok tomoz hun.

Big hugs on the way.:)

Sweetheart, just keep snuggled in and take some cold remedies to help you with the worst of it. Do not despair!! I bet you feel like all the odds are against you but don't be all despondant.
I wish I could reassure you but just focus on keeping warm cosy and resting today to keep your stress to a minimum.
I know it's difficult but you have to stop convincing yourself that the op is doomed to be cancelled...please try ! Focus on what you DO want to happen and take it as it comes.

I know u're right Nina, I'm just a whinger ;)

get some beechams all in one down you, it is great and might just get you well!! All the best xxx

hi there,

I got a cold day before surgery!
and because it wasnt on the chest they said I was fine to have my surgery.
I just took lots of meds etc the day before.
And for the liver diet,I thought to myself theres no way my liver has shrunk,Id weighed myself at home and in the 4wks Id be on it Id lost 6lbs,wellthe day of the op,Id lost almost 2 stone!

try not to worry and concentrate on getting better xxx

hi there,

I got a cold day before surgery!
and because it wasnt on the chest they said I was fine to have my surgery.
I just took lots of meds etc the day before.
And for the liver diet,I thought to myself theres no way my liver has shrunk,Id weighed myself at home and in the 4wks Id be on it Id lost 6lbs,wellthe day of the op,Id lost almost 2 stone!

try not to worry and concentrate on getting better xxx

Thanks Emma-Louse, I'm a right miserable c*w I know. I suffer badly with depression & this is first time in many years that I've not been on medication. So when I feel low its really low!

Just need a kick up the ar*e. I think I'm confused too that I feel like I've lost more weight than my scales & the wii fit say.

I certainly without a doubt feel lighter & clothes more roomy than the last time I was weighed!! But hey ho I just have to plod on & fingers crossed it goes ahead :fingerscrossed:

Stop worrying! And you aren't a misery..you're nervous. I wish you would be kinder to yourself and allow yourself to think kinder thoughts about yourself too. No amount of self bashing or kicking up the botty is going to do it for you. You need to instead treat yourself with love.
Imagine the little you (like a little girl inside you, when you were say about 6...would you let anyone upset her or say mean things? Why don't you give the little Jacci inside some love?)
I know I am off on a weird tangent here but I had a rough time when I was little too and seeing myself as that little girl needing comfort has helped me be good and loving towards myself now...the inner me is like the little daughter I never had...so that's how I turn negative thoughts about myself into good ones..
I am taking care of her now and giving her the love and support she missed years ago.
Does that make any sense??
Sorry I ramble on xxx

Stop worrying! And you aren't a misery..you're nervous. I wish you would be kinder to yourself and allow yourself to think kinder thoughts about yourself too. No amount of self bashing or kicking up the botty is going to do it for you. You need to instead treat yourself with love.
Imagine the little you (like a little girl inside you, when you were say about 6...would you let anyone upset her or say mean things? Why don't you give the little Jacci inside some love?)
I know I am off on a weird tangent here but I had a rough time when I was little too and seeing myself as that little girl needing comfort has helped me be good and loving towards myself now...the inner me is like the little daughter I never had...so that's how I turn negative thoughts about myself into good ones..
I am taking care of her now and giving her the love and support she missed years ago.
Does that make any sense??
Sorry I ramble on xxx

It certainly makes sense to me, especially as I had a very bad childhood!! At 17yrs I then ended up in a very abusive relationship for 13yrs, so I tend to find it hard to be nice about or to myself.
I know I am very hard on myself & it sends my fella crackers!!
I gonna start a new thread on a more positive note.

ah jacci i dont know what to say apart from sendig you big hugs and re assuring you eveything will be fine.

try to keep positive sweetie , tomorrows another day

Thanks Emma-Louse, I'm a right miserable c*w I know. I suffer badly with depression & this is first time in many years that I've not been on medication. So when I feel low its really low!

Just need a kick up the ar*e. I think I'm confused too that I feel like I've lost more weight than my scales & the wii fit say.

I certainly without a doubt feel lighter & clothes more roomy than the last time I was weighed!! But hey ho I just have to plod on & fingers crossed it goes ahead :fingerscrossed:

hi,

your not being miserable,your anxious!
and being ill is adding to you feeling fed -up.
I also had a coil fitted 3 weeks before my surgery(which was last monday) and I was soooo regretting it,it felt like an alien thing and I too was tearful,fed-up.

YOU will get through this xxxx

I have the Mirena coil, had one for years!! Love them, just had blip with one when I had to pull it out .... I know, ouch!!!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS!!!!

Hi Jacci,

I hope you are nursing your cold and able to keep warm and relax today....

It's getting that close now you are bound to have every apprehension and every nerve will be on edge...

Do what you can to relax Jacci and just let everything run it's course... turn up and do your best tomorrow and you may well be surprised when you look back that it all went well...

Feel as positive as you can and go for it!

Pamper yourself today and take special care..

It will soon come and soon be over, do what you can to keep yourself feeling upbeat and on track....

Sending love as always and humungous hug xxx

Hi Jacci,

I hope you are nursing your cold and able to keep warm and relax today....

It's getting that close now you are bound to have every apprehension and every nerve will be on edge...

Do what you can to relax Jacci and just let everything run it's course... turn up and do your best tomorrow and you may well be surprised when you look back that it all went well...

Feel as positive as you can and go for it!

Pamper yourself today and take special care..

It will soon come and soon be over, do what you can to keep yourself feeling upbeat and on track....

Sending love as always and humungous hug xxx

Thanks Bev

Keep going forward Jacci and we all feel despair at times, so don't feel isolated with this, it's a lot to do with so many emotions and so much going on for you, it will get clearer, just keep as forthright and positive as you can and get organised for your appointment and plan for the weekend.

Loving hugs xxx

Back