• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PANIC

J-Mo

HELP!!! :wave_cry:

I know I said I was giving the forum a miss for a while but I'm panic stricken.

I swear I have stuck to this pre-op diet religiously even though I feel like crap!! Yet I've hardly lost a thing & worried they gonna cancel my op as I weight few lb's more than I did when I was put on the list.

I've rung Mr Small's secretary & they can't change my pre-assessment appointment.

Sorry to rattle on & wallow in self-pity but I feel so low.

Don't cancel Jacci, this is the reason you are having the surgery and I'm just the same, keep gaining and so on...

Please stick with it and go for your original plan...

It can be all types of things that make us feel heavier with hormones and TOTM...

Keep going and keep positive... it will work out and this is probably pre op nerves...

Hang on to those that care about you!

Love and hugs always xxx

What was youre pre-op diet?

Thanks Bev. I won't cancel I just thought I might be able to change the pre-op assessment to Thursday morning to give me extra day to get the weight off.

I'm devastated that I have stuck to it religiously but lost just few lbs. Normally I'd be ecstatic at that amount but I need to lose more in order to get my op.

I can see them cancelling it like they did with Paul (ChefClay)

Its the milk diet 'Big Kim' & I swear I stuck with it despite the headaches which have now stopped, fatigue etc.

Reactions: Bev
You must stick to your guns on that appointment and go with a positive attitude.

Your weightloss issues are individual and it could be a whole manner of things... I only lose fortnightly too... so don't give up yet and carry on doing your best this week.

Do you have anyone in liaison over there that you can talk to?

I also think pre op nerves send us into a panic Jacci, so make some allowances for that with how you are feeling...

I'll be glad when it's all behind you.

Sending a loving hug as always and always at your side...
xxx

you might find that youll have a big drop when you least expct it, are you drinking enough fluids as well as the milk, and are you having your full allowance, all these things can cause a slow d rop. dont panic, it will all work out, and as long as youve lost something, it shows your trying. big hugs xx

jmo how much have you still to lose to reach target?..... and your on the milk diet?... is that right x

whens the appointment to?

I need to lose 3kg (6lb) in order to be just under what I was in May. I'm all the milk diet & am more of less having my full daily allowance & always drink plenty of fluids. I don't drink tea or coffee but drink a lot of water.

I even make my own soup made up of various veg, water & stock cube. I'm puzzled at what I'm doing wrong but obviously I must be doing summit wrong!!

My pre-op assessment is on Wednesday at 3pm, so I have less than 48 hours.......

oooo yikes, well ok dont panic to much yet sweets, what more can you do?... your sticking to it, and you must stress this to them at your appointment....wear very light clothing at your appointment and maybe your gonna have surprise when you stand on them scales! you could have a big loss over the next few days.....im wondering if its because your body has gone into shock at lack of food and storing everything, some people cant lose on little amounts, you d like to think they'd take this into account, isnt the wl checked at the third appointment? i take it you ve put some on since then?... what you lost?.... gosh so very harsh when your sticking to it, dont lose faith yet, im very optimistic all will be ok hun xxx

i was also gonna say if your scales are right? some can be out as much as 1/2 a stone!!!!

The thing is Kelly, I feel like I've lost weight. My clothes feel looser etc. but scales & wii fit say not!

I was gonna ask the same about the scales. Did you weigh yourself at home when you were weighed at clinic in May? Did the two scales correspond? Maybe your scales are showing heavier than theirs?

Kay, I didn't have any scales til I bought some last week, so I hadn't checked beforehand. I find I get obsessed with weighing myself when I've got scales to threw them out years ago.

I know everyone reading this must think I've cheated but I swear I have not. I paid £45 to go on ghost hunt & have meal on Saturday gone but didnt go as I didn't want to be tempted to eat/drink.

Stuffing dongal connection :mad: Typed my response and it crashed!

Anyway, please don't panic. At a gym I used to go to the scales always put me at 7lb lighter than at home. And my doctors always put me at least 3-4lb heavier than home.

Scales can vary a lot. Hopefully you will find the clinic scales show a loss for you.

It's a fact that you can lose inches Jacci, as you say you feel that your clothes are fitting you better, but you aren't seeing it on the scales.

This is not very pleasant and you shouldn't be feeling this terrible stress before an operation.

Try and relax yourself and you can maybe also speak to your GP tomorrow if you are still feeling low and ask for the GP's backing and support.

We are all here for you Jacci.

Don't feel on your own with this, it will soon be over, but see who you can talk to tomorrow.

Loving hugs on their way to you, Bev xxx

Thanks Karen, I hope your right.

I feel so tearful at the moment which really isn't like me at all..

Hope you're okay & your neighbours are being 'good' ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Bev, although I've got more chance of getting an appointment with the Pope than with my GP!

Back