• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Recurrent colds post-op.

fjsinc

Has anyone else experienced this? I woke up this morning with the 3rd cold I've had since my op 9 weeks ago. As soon as I think I'm getting my strength back, I'm hit by another virus. Pre-op I was never ill, ha a cold once a year at most. I'm supposed to be going back to work soon, they would not take kindly to be getting ill all the time.

No, I've been really healthy since my op. just one cold. Have you had your vit levels checked?

No, that comes after the 3 month check up in 2 weeks time. I over supplement if anything, so I would be quite surprised if its a deficiency that's causing it.

A thought just popped into my head........I'm off to buy anti-histamines. Its that time of the year.

A few of us have said this but I think it's more due to the length of the cold snap rather than anything else.

You can't catch a cold from the weather yvessa?

No but the colder weather means we've all been indoors a lot more in close proximity so the viruses have had more opportunity to develop and become more resistant and get more of us.

Back