• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PANIC

Get the GP to call you back or someone from the bariatric team, if you can talk it over it will help you and try and think who is the best person to reach to help you feel less anxious about the Wednesday pre op...

Wish I could go with you....

xxx

Jacci I only lost about 4 pounds on the milk diet pre-op and I didn't cheat either!
When I was panicking about this very thing, the dietician told me that as lonmg as you'd kept your target weight loss off, they would be happy. Have you managed to do that? I lost more than my target weight, but it was that they wanted to see off. Obviously any more was a bonus.
Could you try to get hold of the dietician or bariatric nurse to speak to for some reassurance?
It may be that your scales at home are weighing heavier than the clinic ones.
Try not to panic honey.
Sending love n hugs to you. xxx

your weight can differ with just moving the scales so i wouldnt worry about it too much - theres nothing you can do about it now hun - just drink plenty of water and hope its flushes it out of you and hope for the best when you go, maybe explain to them that your on a stall at the moment but you have lost inches - they might understand! are you constipated at all? maybe some laxative mite help you shift a few pounds - and drink drink drink pee pee pee! ill cross my fingers for you hun but dont get upset about it - try to stay possative! loadsa luv from meeee xxxx you can pull this off xxxx

Definately drink drink drink, get that water down you!! But don't drink for 2-3 hours before yr appt so yr not carrying alot of water weight.

Good luck.. I'm sure you'll be fine & that its only yr new scales are different. x

Jacci I only lost about 4 pounds on the milk diet pre-op and I didn't cheat either!
When I was panicking about this very thing, the dietician told me that as lonmg as you'd kept your target weight loss off, they would be happy. Have you managed to do that? I lost more than my target weight, but it was that they wanted to see off. Obviously any more was a bonus.
Could you try to get hold of the dietician or bariatric nurse to speak to for some reassurance?
It may be that your scales at home are weighing heavier than the clinic ones.
Try not to panic honey.
Sending love n hugs to you. xxx

I was never actually given a target weight to lose & just told watch my weight?! Bizarre I know!! I've lost weight since my original seminar but have put on weight since I was added to list for my bypass.

Jacci , just continue with the diet and try not to wind yourself into a knot...you will give yourself the vapours.
Keep the appointment and have faith in yourself as you have tried and done excellently with very little notice.
Please don't let this upset you xxx Feel sure you will be OK xxxx

I bl**dy hope so Nina, my head is battered with all of this.

Jacci, I really think it's better to locate someone to reassure you tomorrow, it may all be fine on the day and other people haven't lost so much either on the pre op diet.... this is one of the reasons why we need the surgery...

Sending a humungous hug to you and hoping you can find a way to chill out, even if it's only relaxing in the bath with music, but don't despair, most situations work out well and you can only do your best, you can't be punished for that...

Love and hugs xxx

your weight can differ with just moving the scales so i wouldnt worry about it too much - theres nothing you can do about it now hun - just drink plenty of water and hope its flushes it out of you and hope for the best when you go, maybe explain to them that your on a stall at the moment but you have lost inches - they might understand! are you constipated at all? maybe some laxative mite help you shift a few pounds - and drink drink drink pee pee pee! ill cross my fingers for you hun but dont get upset about it - try to stay possative! loadsa luv from meeee xxxx you can pull this off xxxx

Thanks Keeley, I just have load of crap on my plate at moment as well as this. If I thought my car would go any further than about 10miles, I'd do a Thelma & Louise without Louise!! Ha, ha

You have done amazing ! Please relax ! You haven't been given an exact figure so a couple pound either way is not going to matter I'm sure.
Crikey you have had to wait and wait for this...if you could control your weight you wouldn't need the op in the first place.
Your body will hang on to the weight tighter if you bash yourself up mentally like this.
Go play Sallys Salon and relax xxx Hugs and please stop fretting hunnybunches

right Jacci i am having none of this panic - calm yourself down and just take a minute.

you have stuck to the diet which proves you can do it and you have gone through everything to get to this point they are going to realise this and are not going to reject you for a few pounds. if you get weighed and you think they are wrong then say so there and then dont just accepting it we dont want another repeat of paul.

you are just having working yourself up and are going to get in a right state , if you are like me this panic about the appointment is really a way of hiding your nerves about the operation.

everything will be fine i promise, the pre op diet is to shrink the liver noy always to lose weight and if in doubt just tell them you are carrying a bit extra weight from the totm

please dont stress sweetie xxxxxxxxx

Thanks everyone. I'm not stressing bout the operation itself, I'll cope with that its just being knocked back for the operation.

I can't stand being this big & can't cope with the thought I'll be like that forever. I wish I was one of those lasses who are happy with their size but I'm not.

I was thinking about a girl that works at the same place I do. I don't even know her name but often see her around & I think she is fabulous!! She is at least 6 foot tall & on the large side yet she obviously doesnt care as she comes into work with her purple hair, tuto & doc martens.

People look & snigger but I think she is bl**day fabulous!!! How that must feel. To wear what you want & not give a flying **** what anyone thinks or says!!!

I'm rambling again.... SORRY!!

Hi, its awful i know lovey but i totally agree with everyone else. You will be fine. My surgeon is really strict, he told me to lose 10lb before my next opp back in April, but my body decided to put 10lb on because i went on holiday Lol. He wasnt to pleased with me and i was petrified that he was going to refuse me the op. He then sent me home packing and demanded that i lose 1 stone in 4 weeks Lol. I lost 18lb on a starvation diet but he was well pleased with me, told me not to put any weight on and try to lose more, and then i was put on the waiting list. I went for my pre op last Wed and made myself ill all week because i thought i had put weight on, well according to my scales at home, but when they weighed me i had lost another 5lb i think it was. Anyway the moral to the story is like everyone else has said is all scales weigh different, just like getting weighed at different times of the day does, so please dont worry.
One thing my pre op nurse told me was that if when he takes me down to theatre and my liver has not shrunk because i have not followed the milk and yogurt diet then he will not be able to operate and i will get sent home and will have to go through the whole referral malarki again, so whether you lose weight or not lovey, your liver will have shrunk so your surgeon will know. Good luck x

You're going to do it and get your body the right size for you , I know you will! And you will feel confident and gorgeous and amazing! Just chug along and have the appointment and don't waste any more of your energy worrying about "what if this and that". Get the hypnosis out hunny (humour me lol) and focus on the lovely slim future you have ahead very soon xxxxx

Back