• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

From funding to op...

MoonCake

For those of you out there who have had your op, how long did it take from funding to op?

I'm curious to see how the timing varies! Please also mention what pct you ate with :)

MoonCake xXx

East and North Herts Funding January Op June, although the first date offered was May and I couldn't do that!

Sunderland Royal Hospital, although funded by Redcar and Cleveland PCT (bariatric surgery is now offered at closer hospitals)

Drs referral August 2010
Seminar at Sunderland Oct 2010
Bypass surgery June 2012

Nottingham City PCT. Referred in Jan 2011, First appointment at Derby Feb 2011. Put on waiting list sept 2011 and I'm still waiting for my operation date. :mad:

I haven't even got funding yet, been rejected twice and just applied for the third time yesterday!

First application was sept 2010

MoonCake xXx

Mooncake, can i ask what ur bmi is? Ive asked my gp for a referal, not holding my breathe tho :(

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

My BMI is 42.2 but I have a joint condition too so the weight hasn't helped.

If they turn me down again I think it will break my heart :(

MoonCake xXx

I got my funding 16th June 2011 and op was 13th December 2011. I had a date for 15th and 29st November but iron was to low to do the op. I am under Hampshire PCT.

Good luck with your funding. I had a BMI of 64 and was on crutches or would use a wheelchair. x

Well third time lucky. Im 41.5 with no conditions from being overweight so i have no hope lol. Ill keep my fingers crossed for you x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

my bmi is 51 (it will be monday as ive put weight on from resting as told by doc....so its his fault) and i have no other health worries as far as i know, deffo not diabetic and im being referred next week, im hoping and praying i get the funding, btw im in Bradford xx

Mines only been a few weeks and i dont know if i have funding but keeping very positive for you!! I'm in north lancashire and my aunt (had a bypass) in the north east apparently she was a size 30 (dunno how heavy) had her counsellor for depression write a letter to the PCT and she finally got accepted maybe worth discussing your mental health when applying for funding?? xxx

my gp referred me for wls in feb 2012.had first hosp appt march 2012 which was dietician,bloods taken etc.gp applied for funding april 2012 but was turned down because my bmi was just under.gp reapplied for funding as my bmi was higher may 2012.got funding july 2012.now just waiting to see surgeon to go on waiting list for gastric bypass as thats what he has recommended.was told this should be couple of months.i am with kingston pct.

I was about 20 weeks from the PCT granting funding to having the op. It took about 10 months for me to go through the weight management programme before they would agree to refer me to the PCT for funding. Sounds very quick, but I did get turned down for a referral to the weight management programme previously.

I live in M'Bro but surery and funding linked to Sunderland. Went June 11 for Seminar, Jan for 1st nurses appointment and given weight loss target, been back today for mtg with the Consultant and have been advised 2 months for heart burn endoscopy then another 6 months to the op.... long journey but light at the end of the tunnel x

Back