• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i have news

Janey that's fabulous news. Just a guess but i think this surgery possibly scares you more because although it's something you really really want, unlike your wls it isn't something you NEED to live a long and healthier life...

You thoroughly deserve your plastics and i hope you really enjoy your new body after you've recovered, well done girl x

hiya everyone i have been given a date today of the 10th feb 2011 for my plastics op. I had to go for a pre op today and guess what i am having 3 procedures. a belt laparoscomy(spelling), apronectomy and a thigh lift. I am so pleased and so grateful that i have been given the chance to have this surgery, but it frightens the begebers out of me. This surgery frightens me so much more than the bypass op i wonder why? janey:confused:

Maybe ur more nervous because u have more to live for, i feel the same way about having my gallbladder out xxx
Well done Janey so pleased for you x

Hi Janey

Thats wonderful news that you have got the funding. I understand your worries about the op. The bypass seemed such a necessity to live and really that took away some of the worry. There seems more of a choice here doesn't it. I had an extended tummy tuck which was a cut all round me apart from 4 inches, had to be turned during that op so a bit tricky. My arms were done at the same op. Have to say it was fine. Unlike others I had almost no pain afterwards at any point and could get upright by the time I left hospital 4 days later. The drains, and their subsequent removal I really worried about as people had written that it was really painful but again no pain for me. Don't know if I have the constitution of an ox or what but it was just a pulling sensation no pain. I'm not having the thigh lift until April so can't report on that one although it is difficult I understand as gravity and the need to use your legs can stress the wound. Plus hygiene is of paramount importance given where the wounds are. A lady on another forum had a successful no infection post op recovery and recommends doing very little re walking about just stretch and excercise your legs on the bed and use baby nappy wipes lavishly every loo visit. I intend to follow that advice to the letter when I get there.

I hope all goes well for you I shall be back after my plastics No2 (bust and face) by then and will look to see how you go.

Every best wish

M

Well done Janey. I am sure it's only natural to be frightened. But, you'll look the way you want when it is all over and have no restriction from the excess skin.

Back