• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Frustrated!!

Babynurse

Hi, today I am 14 days post op and started mushy diet yesterday. A few days after my banding, I was eager to see how much weight I had lost and was happy I had lost 6lbs. A few days later I had lost another 3lbs. Since then I've lost nothing!

I have struggled with pain in my shoulder and wind pains but I feel what I have been having to eat has been ok. I have been having plain greek yogurt (about 2 tablespoons) or a meal replacement shake, tea or coffee in between meals, home made veg & chicken soup blended, Muller lite greek yogurt, the occasional sugar free pot of jelly & chocolate options drink at night. I haven't had any bread, cakes, chips, takeaway pizza, cheese, butter or anything that I used to eat so why is my weight static!

Yesterday I had a meal replacement shake as I was going out to meet a friend. Lunch was home made cauliflower and courgette soup and a Shape yogurt in the afternoon. For tea I made a shepherds pie with lamb mince strained of all fat, carrots and swede mashed and had a side plate with 4 tablespoons of food. I couldn't eat it all so left half then ate it later on. Then a choc options drink before bed.

I can't eat any less and I'm frustrated. It has been a week since I've lost any weight and I know its early days but am I doing something wrong? :(

DON'T PANIC!!!! It's totally normal for weight loss to stall as you progress from liquids to mush and from mush to solid. Some people even gain weight at this point.
Just keep eating right, keep drinking plenty and trust the weight will shift. Weight at this stage isn't a good barometer of success, so while I understand to compulsion to weigh (I still weigh daily, d'oh) try not to place too much importance on the number x

STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALES LOL :) put so beautifully by Sarah there........... I would steer clear until you back to normal foods ..... also as Sarah says TRUST with such little intake it will come off, your still healing too :) I only step on scales once a week now if i loose fantastic !!! i had a wee stall other week and really began to wonder what i was doing wrong................... but a week later back to loosing again :)
I think after years of failed diets the temptation is to jump on and off the scales see how we've done.... or not done lol but now its simple maths not much in = LOSS :) ok so some weeks will be slow or even not at all, but the overall trend is downwards :) x x x x

I know I shouldn't keep going on the scales but as you said Crystalrainbow, we've been doing it for years. Before I had my banding I did Cambridge diet and found it difficult to lose weight. I've just started using MyFitness Pal to record what I eat so we'll see.

Hi baby nurse.Im 5 weeks post op and my weight hasn't moved for 2 weeks.Im eating a third of what I used to eat so I know where your coming from.Ive tried upping the calories but still nothing,Im hoping that my fill will start the weight loss again.Ive got to get into my head its a long term thing but I do feel a little frustrated.You sound like your doing great anyway. X

It takes several weeks for the 'normality' to set in ........ your right this is for the rest of our lives now so try and relax about it, and trust it will happen:) its simple maths really little in - more exercise = loss :) i've noticed the weeks i've tried ultra hard its been slower, the weeks where im more relaxed about it the better it gets LOL
I weigh once a week on a Thursday (although i did have a sneaky yesterday LOL) i log my food via my fitness pal and track my output via my fitbit...... but im no angel either .......
The hardest bit is just before you go onto solids the hunger will come back with vengeance ...... once your on solids the hunger will be satisfied then its fill time anyway :)
Im now 11 weeks post op and still have nothing in my band and losses are still good (i had an awful lot more to loose mind) keep with it girls it will all fall into place soon x x x x

Hi, I've just been weighed before I go to work and still the same. I've used Myfitnesspal all week, tracking my food etc, I've been under my recommended calorie intake everyday by around 200cals - still frustrated! I went back to work yesterday and I can tell with my uniform that I've lost weight and my friend who I haven't seen for 3 weeks could tell.

I've got my first assessment on 22nd May and the dietician is supposed to be ringing me on Friday so I'll see how it goes. I'm still on soft diet and making my own vegetable soups, having yogurt, fish & mashed veg so should be losing. Anyway, I'm off to work again now for another 12 hour shift.

Thanks for all the support, I really appreciate it xx

Hi everyone, at last the weight is coming off but I think only because I'm doing Myfitnesspal and monitoring everything I eat. I love it and it's keeping me focussed. Got my first fill appointment on Thursday so looking forward to that and hopefully feeling a difference. After finishing my night shift yesterday morning I thought I'd try a toasted crumpet before I went to bed, how wrong was that decision! After eating 3/4 of it and forgetting to chew & chew, the pain was horrendous. I won't be doing that again in a hurry. I'm trying to drink more water especially during this lovely weather :)

Glad all going well hunni :) I have to log via myfitnesspal too to keep myself on track ....... lol i'm hospital tomorrow and am now 14 weeks post op (i think) and still have an empty band but the loss so far has kept me focused and motivated :) Its a great feeling isn't it LOL ohhh no crumpets or chew more i guess, but lesson learned eh............ gl thursday x x x x x

Glad all going well hunni :) I have to log via myfitnesspal too to keep myself on track ....... lol i'm hospital tomorrow and am now 14 weeks post op (i think) and still have an empty band but the loss so far has kept me focused and motivated :) Its a great feeling isn't it LOL ohhh no crumpets or chew more i guess, but lesson learned eh............ gl thursday x x x x x
Hi Crystalrainbow, I've just had my first fill and it went well. I need to keep track with Myfitnesspal although the dietician said it gets boring after a while. I think if it keeps track of what you eat then it's good. I've also just updated my details and Myfitnesspal link is there. Hope everything is going ok xx

If Mfp keeps you on track why not use it. I still do. Not every day religiously but when I want to focus. It's helped me lose and maintain ... Good luck baby nurse x

I've used mfp everyday for 4 months now. It's not boring & really helps me. Not only to track my protein, carbs etc but there's been a few times where I've scanned in naughty treat cuz it shocked me how bad it was!
As a bander waiting for restriction a lot of my losses are really helped by logging on MFP

Back