• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Question

Loooy72

I had my 3rd fill on Monday, all went well and i do now have significantly more restriction, 8ml in a 13ml band.

I seem to be struggling with what to eat and drink and wondered if this was the sweet spot or if i need a small de fill?

I struggle with pain in my oesophagous if i drink too quickly, water, tea, sf juice etc. I can drink soup no problem and scrambled egg slips down nicely, but i get this pain a lot if i try to eat any meat that isn't casseroled or potato/veg that isn't mush.

I can manage toast is crispy and chewed well and yogurt too, but this pain is driving me potty when i try to take a mouthfull of water!

Anyone got any ideas??

Thanks

I had my 3rd fill on Monday, all went well and i do now have significantly more restriction, 8ml in a 13ml band.

I seem to be struggling with what to eat and drink and wondered if this was the sweet spot or if i need a small de fill?

I struggle with pain in my oesophagous if i drink too quickly, water, tea, sf juice etc. I can drink soup no problem and scrambled egg slips down nicely, but i get this pain a lot if i try to eat any meat that isn't casseroled or potato/veg that isn't mush.

I can manage toast is crispy and chewed well and yogurt too, but this pain is driving me potty when i try to take a mouthfull of water!

Anyone got any ideas??

Thanks

It varies from person 2 person regarding food u can eat, i cant manage no bread products/eggs/rice n pasta etc and certain veggies, you will learn wot u cant and cant eat over time xx what kind of pain is it plz??? I dont get no pain at all.

Slow right down hun and you will be fine :D

Meat (although I dont eat it) can be tough for banders so introduce it back into your diet slowly.

With good restriction we get used to our food going cold.

Chew, chew, chew, small bites.

Sip, sip and sip some more.

;) xx

It varies from person 2 person regarding food u can eat, i cant manage no bread products/eggs/rice n pasta etc and certain veggies, you will learn wot u cant and cant eat over time xx what kind of pain is it plz??? I dont get no pain at all.

Hi

The pain is a severe tightening just below my throat, it is extremely sore.

We were away at a hotel at the weekend and at my evening meal i did end up being sick, even though i was chewing for ages and not drinking at the same time.

I am finding i have to take very very small sips of fluid and can not manage any meat unless minced, i can manage jacobs cream crackers and cheese, crisps (unfortunately), scrambled egg if chewed well.

Should i give it a bit longer? I had my last fill a week ago?

Hi

The pain is a severe tightening just below my throat, it is extremely sore.

We were away at a hotel at the weekend and at my evening meal i did end up being sick, even though i was chewing for ages and not drinking at the same time.

I am finding i have to take very very small sips of fluid and can not manage any meat unless minced, i can manage jacobs cream crackers and cheese, crisps (unfortunately), scrambled egg if chewed well.

Should i give it a bit longer? I had my last fill a week ago?

This too me sounds like your either over eating or eating/swallowing too larger mouthfuls. I still eat with a teaspoon over a year out, it helps me to keep the mouthfuls small. I went through a stage like u and I thought wot am I doing wrong, I soon realized even though I was chewing like there was no tomorrow BUT I was swallowing the whole mouthful :sigh: I soon corrected it and hey presto problem solved. HTH xx If your still unsure and in pain I would contact ur provider xx

Hi loooey, as i sit here reading you thread and responses, im munching on crunchy nut cornflakes with a teaspoon! it definately helps taking in smaller bites, and i also find taking small bites and chewing them slow, then leaving time pass before the next bite and doing this 3-4 times at the start of a meal, really helps me get the meal down. Its as if the first few bites prepare the band for food and so fat (touch wood) im not having any issues.

Let us know how you get on with teaspoon size bites!

Hi
Well small mouthfuls and plenty of chewing has really helped with the pain and I have not had anything get stuck or PB'd for 2 weeks for which I am very grateful! I do feel hungry quite quickly after a meal, maybe after 2 hours and I can still eat quite big portions if I eat very slowly, so not sure if I have reached the sweet spot yet?
If I am good, eat the right things, I am still losing weight, just would like to fill up quicker and only eat the tiny portions I read of other banders eating, maybe next time?
On a better note I finally have managed to get the NOSC to fulfill their obligation to provide the weekly counselling sessions which was why I went with them, so Monday is my next date! Hopefully this will help with my head issues!!

Back