• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

funding approved

bigredian

Hi new to this, my fundings been approved on nhs, i've been told spire are doing my surgery, can anyone tell us how long you wait once funding is approved, i've been going to aintree loss for 18 months without any success and they referred for surgery thanks.

I have just had my bypass at Spire, Wirral and was at Aintree for 18 months too. My funding was approved in April and surgery was in July (see my signature details below). When funding is agreed you have to give the Spire 6 weeks to contact you. If you dont hear within that time start chasing and keep on chasing. I had a bit of trouble as they lost my paperwork so I think my surgery could have been done in June. Anyway once the Spire are in touch it all moves quickly. They will ask you which hospital you prefer Macclesfield or Wirral. I chose Wirral as its closer for follow up appts etc.. Great news you got your funding too congratulations. Any questions just ask away and welcome to the forum xx

bigredian said:
Hi new to this, my fundings been approved on nhs, i've been told spire are doing my surgery, can anyone tell us how long you wait once funding is approved, i've been going to aintree loss for 18 months without any success and they referred for surgery thanks.

Hi and well done with Spire, I am under Spire Manchester. It took over 3 years to get PCT approval on funding but as soon as this was in place I got a letter from Spire within 2 weeks to attend a seminar 2 weeks latter a nurse appointment, 3 weeks latter appointment with Consultant I then got my surgery date for plus 3 weeks so about 7 weeks from approval of funds to operation.
One very important thing to remember is you must do what the team tell you I.e loose weight between your appointments.
Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress.

BigDave

Spire, Wirral do not ask you to loose weight between appointments. x

Hi again thanks for your reply, had a letter from regency macclesfield who i phoned today, they asked if i wanted surgery done with them or spire murryfield, i chose murryfield as its nearer for me, anyone else been done at murryfield, if so what are surgeons like and the hospital, how long are you in hospital for and what things should you take with you, fingers cross they get my referral from regency quickly and i dont wait to long for my consultation, thanks again ian.

wttg.gif

My surgeon was Dr Magee and he is lovely. Dr Kerrigan is also a very good surgeon. I was in for 2 nights but you should be in no more than 3 nights all being well x

Back