• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

funding??? charring cross

kaycee00

hello i had my first appointment ..at charing cross london ..i have been looking around minimins and keep hearing about funding ?? dr refered me to hospital is that it ??i have funding or does that come latter ..help :wave_cry:

Hi there Kaycee, you usualy have to wait to see if you have been given funding via the P.C.T in your area. they then write to either yourself or your doctor. Sometimes you are given a choice of hospitals for your op, and again that comes via the post or sometimes a telephone call. Either way it can be a lengthy process. I am sure there is some one out there who is more experienced than myself on the knowledge to this. I think you are looking along the lines that I have tried to explain but hey ho Ime no expert either. Kind regards Gail-Michelle:sign0163:OTE=kaycee00;1653021]hello i had my first appointment ..at charing cross london ..i have been looking around minimins and keep hearing about funding ?? dr refered me to hospital is that it ??i have funding or does that come latter ..help :wave_cry:[/QUOTE]

thanks Gail-michelle i dont think many people on here from west london (i could be wrong sorry)..so it has been hard to find out much about hospital , ect

Hi Kaycee, things happen just so quick depending where or how strict your P.C.T area is. You will hear nothing then all of a sudden you will be ripping N.H.S envelopes open for fun, so just be patient and dont worry. it will all come all at once and to be fair your g.p wouldnt refer you for nothing. It happened realy fast for me. I went to my G.P 8 april, 9th may bloods done, 13th may reffered to Dr New at hope hospital & got the go ahead to put in for funding via P.C.T. went for a sleep study on the 19th may .I had my funding granted on the 26th may and at present waiting for my operation of a gastric bypass. So there you go. Gail-Michelle UOTE=kaycee00;1665251]thanks Gail-m:superwoman:ichelle i dont think many people on here from west london (i could be wrong sorry)..so it has been hard to find out much about hospital , ect[/QUOTE]

hi Gail-michelle ..ive had first appointment and bloods at the hospital and was told it would be 6 week untill next appointment but we have not talked about funding ??.........wow that was fast all in all just 2 months ... op for you now then ...you go girl xxx

I've got my first appointment at CX this Thursday - but i've seen a consultant at my local hospital (Basingstoke) who had to apply for the funding. I have to go to CX for my op though as they don't do it at Basingstoke.

good luck for your appointment. You will be in very good hands. I had my surgery there 7 weeks ago. It is a fantastic hospital and Mr.Amhed is a dream! also a great surgeon. Your consultant chose well for you. Charing cross is a preferred provider and centre of excellence. Keep us up dated.

Hi Kaycee, I live not far from Charing Cross but my GP referred me to St Georges in Tooting. I went to my GP who referred me, had my 1st appointment, sent in a letter of commitment have since had 3 other appointments including phsycologist and dietician, i am back there on Thursday to see the surgeon and I was told that I would then be on the waiting list. I have not had to apply for funding, but I do know the team that I am under meet on a regular basis to discuss if you are a good candidate and they then decide if you are to go ahead with surgery.

Back