• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hello i am new need help please

new life2009

hello i have an appointment with dr. carl le roux in the charing cross hospital in london any advice will be apreciated and what is the most common question doctors will be asking and how long will it take on the waiting list.

thanks.

Hi and welcome to Minis...I know someone who is having the same surgeon and have heard he is very good so you will be in safe hands...xx

hi and welcome! sorry im not in your area so cant comment about waiting times but they tend to look at our eating habits to see what op they will reccomend firstly.

good luck with your appointment

Hi welcome to mini's and to your WLS, sorry although i live in london i went private so have no idea of your waiting time

Hi there, just wanted to say hello. I'm not going to be of much use to you as I don't live in your area so have no idea on waiting lists - also I had to go private.

When I saw the consultant obviously I knew I was going to get the op as am (hopefully still!) relatively fit despite my size and of course, the company wants my money! The questions he asked were: What type of eater am I (volume), how did I get to my current size; we talked about any medical problems; he weighed and measured me; had I dieted successfully in past (yes but have always yo-yoed and then gained more); what diets/pills etc have I had; he needed a letter from my Psych as I have Bipolar ( I already had one to hand) but did not need to contact GP as I see more of psych than GP; he asked what ops I had had; asked about my reaction to anaesthetic ( spewing for hours after op. - tried to throw-up after gastricband but couldn't); and I think most importantly, my attitude to the band and how I could use it for weight loss (not expect it to work on it's own).
He did not try and persuade me to have By-pass despite my weight as I had already made it clear that for a number of reasons I didn't want the by-pass. (Many people here have had BP and do really really well).
Hope that is useful to you.

hello there i just wanted to say also i know someone who goes there too and its a fantastic place and been told he is a brill surgeon.

they are quite on the ball there and get things moving quickly.

they will just ask about your everyday life and needs and wants.
your health and how long you have suffered with weight issues.

whats your daily diet like.

have you had any time in you life you started to gain more weight.

any losses any personal issues.

are you a snacker or a volume eater.

do you binge eat.

your family past history of your parents health and Gran parents.

and then they will put it all together.

do you have any idea about what kind of surgery you want ?

i know this hospital does group sessions also where they get a load of people together and talk them through what they do and what they offer so you can make a choice of what kind of surgery you would be looking at and why ..

so your in great hands Hun good luck x

Hi
I am a prebander so cant really help and am in Manchester too but there will be lots of people who will know the answers xx
Helen

hello i have an appointment with dr. carl le roux in the charing cross hospital in london any advice will be apreciated and what is the most common question doctors will be asking and how long will it take on the waiting list.

thanks.
Sorry my welcomes late but it still comes with heartfelt good wishes!!! This site is amazing and i have learnt so much from reading through everyone's experiences - so don't feel daft to ask a question (i've asked some stupid ones!!!) but if you don't ask you may never know!!!

Good luck for your future

Back