• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding denied :(

yorkiegal

Baxter's mum
I received the letter from the pct today. I'm not high risk enough it seems. I'm absolutely gutted. All those tests, all that money spent on private therapy and the surgeon was confident that I would receive funding. They will only accept an appeal if there is new clinical evidence or if the surgeon feels I am an exceptional case so it feels like the end of the line for me. I'm due back to see him in november but not sure what the point is now. I feel like this fat is just consuming me and taking away my life and I've failed at every other way of losing it. I wanted to get the op and be on the way to losing the weight before dad died too. I wanted him to see me happier and settled before he went and his condition has started to deteriate faster and faster. Now I'm not going to be able to even do that for him.

I'm so sorry to hear your news :(

Is there a chance the surgeon will fight your case for you? I hope there is some chance of the decision being changed.

I am sorry to hear that hun ...
I would wait until you see the surgeon hun...Keep appealing....Dont give up just yet x x x

think i'm going to allow myself today to wallow in it then try and pick myself up tomorrow and start writing an appeal letter. Feel like having a right good cry first though.

aww sweetheart firstly big hugs to you....but you musnt give up, there have also been others on here in the same situation and have had to battle to get what there entitled too, i hope these people that have been in the same circumstances come forward with advice how they got past the same situation and could maybe help you with writing letters of appeal...good luck hun. please dont give up, we are all here to help and support you through this tough time xx

Oh hun... its so unfair especially after everything you've worked on to get this far!! The good news is that yr surgeon is on yr side so make the most of him in yr appeal... after yr cry of course! ((( hugs ))) xxx

thanks hon. my main problem is that i have no comorbidities except high cholesterol which doesn't count with my pct. they don't have a weight management course so i can't go on that either. my gp won't prescribe me weight loss medication which works on the brain as i'm on an anti psychotic and he said the other types like orlistat wouldn't work for me anyway.
i have zero hope of ever paying for surgery as i'm on disability benefits due to my mental illness. with the tory shake up of the benefits system i'm frightened that i'm going to lose those benefits and who's going to give a job to a messed up and morbidly obese person? I tried lighterlife and got kicked out of the group when they realised i had borderline personality disorder so i can't do that again. i can lose weight quickly but it all goes on again and more every time. The worst thing is that I have deliberately not tried to lose weight all year because the bariatric nurse implied that a higher bmi would guarantee surgery. so i feel like i've lost a year to this process.

anyway am off to walk the dog now as that always helps lift my mood.

I know that Shaw Somers has helped a huge amount of people who weren't allowed funding & appealed their cases & have now had their ops on the nhs.... I pray that yr surgeon can do the same.

Enjoy time out with yr gawjusss dog. xx

So sorry to hear you news, like the others have said please dont give up. There is always a chance, especially is the surgeon is on your side. Try and stay positive hun, I know its not easy (HUGS) XX

I am so very sorry to read of your news.

Please don't ever give up, you have worked so hard thus far and it's not unknown for these situations to turn around.... Vron.. (Veronica) once did an excellent appeal letter, as did Lisa, so try and look back and have a go... they were equally as disappointed as you are feeling now and it's very demoralising.

I would never say never and please hang onto us on here and try and get going with a better health regime to help yourself along in the meantime.... it's great to hear that you are off walking the dog and my pets are just the same, the best therapy.

Always at your side and sending you a loving hug... xxx

thanks so much everyone for the words of support. I'm going to sit down now and start to draft an appeal letter. Have to admit that I went out and bought some food which isn't low fat, but it's still much less than I would have consumed during the days when I was bingeing.

I am so so so sorry. This seems so very unfair. All I can say, like the others is DON'T GIVE UP. I feel sure your surgeon will fight for you so maybe wait to see him before sending off your appeal letter?
Much love. xxxxxxx

I really hope that you can successfully appeal and hang onto us, you are certainly not the first to hit a brick wall and you are not the last....

All the very best in every way... love and hugs xxx

thanks guys. don't worry charis, i'm not going to fire off an appeal letter straight away lol. If I did it would probably read something like

Dear PCT (you tight fisted so and so's)
As you will know from my records, I have a long history of being barmy. You might want to reconsider your decision to deny me my op, when you take into account that I have nothing better to do all day than stand in front of your offices singing the hits of Peter Andre in an offkey screech. If that doesn't work I will come inside and sit on you. Then you'll wish I'd had weight loss surgery.
Gimme the money now and stop spending it on artwork.
kind regards
Yorkiegal xxx

I'm going to wait and give my proper letter to the surgeon next month to see what he thinks.

Love the appeal letter! Seriously though have you considered ringing your surgeon and asking him to appeal on your behalf rahter than waiting to see him. It would be in his interests as well as your own. If I was you that is what I would do. Good luck
xxxxxxxx

I am so sorry. I would definitely contact your surgeon now instead of waiting for your appointment. (((HUGS)))

Back