• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

funding from walsall pct

xxsarahxx

hi there, funding for my wls was applied for in oct last year and i'm still waiting. A second letter has now been sent following a routine appointment with Dr heartland at walsall manor. Is this normal waiting time for funding decisions...it's been 4 months now??

Hi Sarah,

I'm in a similar situation waiting and waiting. I started my TT journey this time round in May 2010, and was referred by my GP to a psychologist who I had my last session with in July. After months of chasing her I had my funding request sent to Wandsworth PCT in London in October which came back approved but only on the basis I have a psychiatric evaluation. Only Thursday this week I was given a date to see a Surgeon of 21st Feb and only TODAY had the letter come through with a date for my evaluation of 16th March. Should everything go to plan then I'll easily be looking at a year, maybe more from start to finish.

It is so frustrating, isn't it?

Last edited:
Hi Sarah,

I'm in a similar situation waiting and waiting. I started my TT journey this time round in May 2010, and was referred by my GP to a psychologist who I had my last session with in July. After months of chasing her I had my funding request sent to Wandsworth PCT in London in October which came back approved but only on the basis I have a psychiatric evaluation. Only Thursday this week I was given a date to see a Surgeon of 21st Feb and only TODAY had the letter come through with a date for my evaluation of 16th March. Should everything go to plan then I'll easily be looking at a year, maybe more from start to finish.

It is so frustrating, isn't it?
You're right there!! it's the waiting that drives me mad, i know we're not the first to be going through this but i can't help but get frustrated at the length of time we have to hang around waiting. At least we are heading in the right direction eh!!
good luck x:)

My funding was approved at Walsall for a gastric Bypass on 28 January this year. Now just waiting for the date. Last time I called they indicated October. I may call again this week. Any one have any idea how long the wait is after funding?

not sure ryan. I got funded on the 1st april and my op is the 30th june. I'm from walsall and we've got a feeling they may keep slots for us...we are not sure though. By we i mean a few of us on this site x

Ryan, before you try and ring tracey lowe is on hols till next week cause i tried last week. As for the waiting time i went on the list 14th jan and was told 11 months from that time, saying that though she did say that new lists were due out for june, july & august when i last spoke in april, sarah is proof that she was telling the truth lol

here is hoping. Thanks for the help guys, I will be calling this Tracey Lowe next week, like many others. I just know the time is soon xxxxx

Thanks Helen xxx

Hi Ryan

I am with Dr Labib and live in Halesowen. I have started a local group for everyone but especially Dudley Group patients as at the moment there is no support in the Dudley Group. We have excellent support on here and with the Walsall Massive support group but nothing from Dudley.
We have our meetings every 1st Sunday in the month and at the moment they are in Weatherspoons in Halesowen at 10.30 am. If you would like to contact me please do so and you are more than welcome to come and meet us all and ask any questions you may have :eek:)
We are a friendly small group of post oppers and pre oppers.
If you would like any information please get in touch.

Jayne :eek:))

Hi Ryan

I am with Dr Labib and live in Halesowen. I have started a local group for everyone but especially Dudley Group patients as at the moment there is no support in the Dudley Group. We have excellent support on here and with the Walsall Massive support group but nothing from Dudley.
We have our meetings every 1st Sunday in the month and at the moment they are in Weatherspoons in Halesowen at 10.30 am. If you would like to contact me please do so and you are more than welcome to come and meet us all and ask any questions you may have :eek:)
We are a friendly small group of post oppers and pre oppers.
If you would like any information please get in touch.

Jayne :eek:))

Thats good to know!
I might join you :D
when carboot season is over :rolleyes:

Back