• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Waiting for funding from Stoke pct

Pookie

Hi there everyone i'm a newbie. My first consultation with Dr Cheruvu was in March 09 go ahead given then had to see Proff Clayton and have blood and endocrine tests. Funding app went off in July and still not heard anything. Spoke to sectratary who informed me that Cheruvu has been off on annual leave all of July and August and she said it usually takes 2 months for funding decisions. Please can someone let me know how they went on and whether a funding decision still might mean more months of waiting?

Hi Pookie

I was under the impression that Stoke PCT are automatic funders, as long as you meet their criteria, which I believe to be BMI over 40. However, North Staffs hasn't been doing the surgery for that long (although Mr Cheruvu works at the BUPA Clayton so does this operation routinely) so it may be that they don't really know what they're doing in terms of what needs doing for funding etc!! It is probably worth calling Stoke PCT commissioning team and asking them if they have received a funding application for you and at the same time ask them what their criteria for funding is.

Is there any reason you aren't going to Walsall Manor for the op? Just curious, as I know that Stoke people can go to either.

I will be setting up a local group meeting shortly, it takes place at the BUPA Clayton, so look out for a notification when I have sorted it out!!!

Not sure how it works now but I had automatic funding throught Stoke PCT but think its changed since they started to do the ops at the north staffs

Thanks guys

I was under the impression that funding was good in Stoke and no one who ive seen has said that they may decline me. I certainly meet the criteria so i guess i just wait for the magic letter xx;):):p

Pookie I was funded by Stoke and never did get that letter. I guess its because they were funding automatically. Certainly gave me a few sleepless nights I can tell you because I kept reading about this magic letter everyone receives but to this day I never had one.

I'm not sure whether they are still funding automatically, sounds as if they may not be now or maybe its Walsall patients that are automatically funded.

I'd just keep ringing them, have you tried ringing the PCT direct?

Hi, When did the automatic funding come into play? I had my band in by Mr Cheruvu in Jan 09 but paid private as my pct said they would not fund me. (my bmi at the time was 42) x

Good luck, hope it works out soon for you x

I was told even if your pct funding is automatic is still has to be applied for by the hospital that is doing your wls............and it varies from one pct to another....am sure your time will be here sooner then u realise.

All the best - MeJulie xx

Got funding today no letter just phoned the secretary, is it your first appointment on the 19th?

Hi i,m in stoke and under mr cheruvu, i saw him in april/may i,ve ad the same tests dun as you, but things seem to av come to a stand still, i rang his secretary in july n she said that stoke ad already got funding but there was a long waitin list n i was 24th on it so look at 18+ mnth wait.

Hi i,m in stoke and under mr cheruvu, i saw him in april/may i,ve ad the same tests dun as you, but things seem to av come to a stand still, i rang his secretary in july n she said that stoke ad already got funding but there was a long waitin list n i was 24th on it so look at 18+ mnth wait.

Think there is a bit of a list as they have only just started to do it in Stoke. Could you not request to go out of stoke Someone I no had there done in Glochester last week and he lives in trent vale

Where are you in Stoke Kpnuts?

hi i,m in sunny chell..... i would travel if they would let me thats no problem.. should i get intouch and tell them that do ya think ???

Hi all from stoke, when is the next support group meetup??? x x

hi pookie i went to see mr churuvu on the 2nd of may saw him again last monday and he gave me a date the 20th october, so hopefully you shouldnt be long, dont think his secretary knows what she doin sometimes..... good luck...xx

I don't think she does either. She told me my appointment didn't exist and had been messing me around for months.

Luckily it is all sorted now and I'm going to see Mr Clayton on the 19th of Oct (I dunno why it isn't Mr Cherevu anymore though?)

Anyways weeee. Any news from you other stokies?

Back