• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

funding in place for Gastric Band and on the shortlist

Goody 797

Hi all :D
So I was intrested if anyone had thoughts on my question- I would appreciate anyone taking time to answer ;)
Ok so my journey started about 5 years ago with the NHS Highlands and Islands.I went to my Dr who wasn't entirely sure what to do.He wrote to Aberdeen were the surgery use to b carried and and was told that the surgery was no longer done.I researched and researched and got intouch with my PCT and they tolod me yes it is and that there is funding but its the waiting lists that are high.My bmi is 57 and although according to the NICE guidlines I could have been put forward without following the weight loss managment programmes but I wanted to do it them anyway cause I realised that I was going to HAVE to make changes and not rely on the band.Anyway almost two years ago most of my family all died within three weeks and it had such a detrimental effect on me and my steady weight loss.A few weeks ago I was contacted and told that I was now on a wait list with eight other people and that funding is in place.They have been very vague on details...does this mean that I will be seeing the surgeon and team for further tests and if so and all goes well does it mean I would be having the surgery and what would be the waiting time??I know that no one can give me a "For sure" answer just maybe so personnel stories of there own.It is in the Golden Jubilee that the surgeries are carried out now.If you are reading this you have taken time to read my story so thank you :553:

Hi Hun I carnt really help I'm affraid as I'm pre op but this is what happened so far with me I've dun weight management been put in for funding got accepted :) then had a appointment met my surgeon now I just wait for the hosp to send my appointments n go from there they said takes around 3mths x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back