• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding Northamptonshire

sarahlove

hi, after years and years of struggling with my weight and my bmi being 50 also high blood pressure and polycystic ovaries my gp has pas put me forward for a gastric band. he has done my referral but im very confused what happen now? also how long is the waiting list?can anyone help please, as I have read that the referral they can turn round and say im not allowed a gastric band, im so scared!!! I have done my research and know whats involved. I have done the dieticians and slimming pills and all the classes, but some people have said you have to go to a dietician for months and the op wont be done for months, im very confused!!!

any help will be much appreciated!

I'm not from Northampton so I'm pretty useless to you, as it seems to differ around the country, there always seems to be hoops you have to jump through, though. Anyway good luck and I hope it's plain sailing on your journey x

I'm sure someone from the area will advise you soon :p

Thankyou for your kind words, I hope so to, I have battled so many years with my weight and I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel.....

I have made a telephone appointment with my doctor on Wednesday just see if he can shed some light on it for me and put my mind at rest..

:)

hi sarah im northampton my gp did my referral to birmingham in august i have my appointment for seminar and to meet surgeon for next week not sure whats after guess it will be applying for the funding goodluck with your journey

hiya, that's great, I got my appointment through to meet the surgon and dietician at Coventry on the 19th November eekkk.... I cant wait to be honest and hopefully I will know a bit more... I just hope it goes smoothly and quickly as I just want to get on with my new life and feel as if im stuck a little in limbo...
let me know how you get on, as it seems to be very different place to place, as they haven't mentioned anything about seminars to me so im really not sure

Im in Leicestershire so im not sure if its the same but the whole process can take from 18 months to 2 years from start to finish and I have learnt many PCTs are similar but I personally feel that this time is needed to get your head round it and investigate which surgery you choose.
good luck x

thank you, I have my initial appointment with the surgeon and the dietician on 19th November... I know which surgery I want and which would suit me already so hopefully the surgeon will agree when I meet him :)
dietician is a group appointment so not sure what to exspect with that... I have been ready for this operation and life change for a long time.. hopefully will all be ok

It's hard waiting especially when you know exactly what you want, but it is a good time to start changing your life xx

Good luck for November x

will for sure let you know sarah i am so ready now after 2 years under weight management to prove i can do this by losing the pre requisite weight

hi sarah i had my appointments today the dietician one is to explaint the surgeries they do the risks etc then i met with the surgeon to discuss the surgery i will have and have to wait 4 to 6 months now for the surgery so goodluck and hope all goes well with your appointment but if you need a chat feel free to message me

that's great... still waiting for the 19th of November to come lol... I have cut down my smoking and hope to be smoke free soon...

cant wait for my appointment now, im ready for this... apart from my gp said the most I will have to wait from start to finish will be 18 weeks so not sure... im sure at my appointment I will find out more......

so what happens now for you?

take care and keep me updated

the day will soon be here for you good luck with that though they will want you to be smoke free or they do at birmingham luckily i had quit smoking in april so was a bonus still waiting for appointment for surgery they told me possibly end feb start march but we will see let me know how you get on take care for now

Thanks hun, im getting there with the smoking, down to 7 a day now.. to be honest a little scared for Tuesday intial appointment, I think the unknow but also excited for the future x

yeah can be scary the thought of the unknown but will be worth it in the long run will keep fingers crossed for you and pop on and see how you got on good luck

Hello, I have bp asthma glucose intolerance arthritis hypothyroidism and 50 bmi I had hysterectomy 5 years ago for endometrial carcinoma (weight related) and SO hope that this journey doesn't take as long as some people have had to wait!
Good luck and all the best :

hi leda, thank you I hope so to... are you at the beginning of it all aswell?

also a little confused why I have my intial appointment with the surgeon and dietcian, some people on here have to wait months to see the surgeon, so im a little apprehensive!!!

Hello Sarah, yes I am, I have my first apt since GP referral on 28 th nov. I understand she will then put me forward to see a consultant but I still have to do a 12 weeks weight management course . Just hoping it won't be too long after that but most people seem to be in for a long wait don't they? I'm w yorks. X

Yes I wondered why some don't have to do weight management classes and are referred straight to surgeon?? Maybe it's down to the area or maybe co-morbidities (I have them). Hope to get my answers on 28 th x

yes I hope to get more answars on Tuesday.. well I hope all goes well leda

Back