• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding Northamptonshire

yes some people have to wait years, hopefully I wont.. seems to be purely down to where you live how long you have to wait

I did do a 12 week course with a dietician/nutritional guy about a year ago if that has anything to do with it.

Good luck for tomorrow and your right it does depend where you live!

Postcode lottery alright xx

Good luck tomorrow.

I live in Boston and our 'local' centre is in Derby so at my first appointment I saw the dietician, one of the surgeons and the anaestetist so that I didn't have to go back again too often.

Although Derby serves south Lincs, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire (and heaven knows where else), the different areas have different 'paths' that patients have to follow and it's all so blooming confusing!

I REALLY hope your path is a simple one xx

well and trueley baffled. been told 1 year with dietician and then I might not get my funding... be on average 2 years till I can have my band.

absolutely gutted. apparently its nhs procedure now to complete 1 year with a dietician. in my eyes more time to make me wait, she told me eat what I like for the next year nad just see it through.

completely at my wits end...

off to see my gp next Monday see if I have any other options, possibly a hefty loan to go private

sarah ask to be referred to birmingham they dont ask for a year with dietician they never even asked if i had been on a weight management course but i did tell them while i was there that i was under weight management will keep fingers crossed for you let me know how you go

hi sarah not seen you posting again just wondering how your doing and if you have thought anymore about your options now dont give up on the idea of surgery though please now as you have already started the journey if you want to chat just message me

Hi Sarah,

I can see there's not been any replies on this for months so not sure if you are still on here????

Just wondered what happened next?

I am from Northampton, I have an initial consultation on May 12th, but have been told by people that have had it done before that it will be a 1 year weight management course before even being considered for surgery.

Because of this I have already looked into going private - but *NO* idea where I am meant to get £10k from?!?!?!?

sam x

hi sorry I have not been on.. been a long hard 3 months.. I am paying privately for my band.. I got in this Thursday eek.. so excited and scared. . I have dr super who is fantastic. . I am currently under healthier weight and the op and 2 years after care is costing 6k but to me its a small price to pay... currently on my prepop.. doing a low cal which is 800..1000 a day. . been a hard road but excitimg and scary also x

Hi sarah glad you finally managed to sort something out heres to a new you please keep us updated on how your doing and once your upto it if you fancy meeting for a coffee give a yell sending hugs in the meantime and loads of good luck

Good luck!!

Back