• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

funding request

natclaire33)

Have any of you managed to get your GP to do a individual funding request for the pct/ ccg to paying for the plastic surgery post wls?

I was talking to one of the plastic surgery consultants and he has written down for the process to get a referral, I was just wondering how long you had to wait to hear if you had the funding or not.

I am going to start saing up as much as i can each month towards my plastic surgery fund because i also want to get my arms sorted aswell, but want to get a tummy sorted.

If any of you were successful how long did you have to wait from hear from the to confirm funding etc.

jojo64

Hi can you tell me did you getting funding for plastic surgery after WLS on NHS if so how did you go about it.

natclaire33)

I have decided to go privately for my tummy tuck. I spoke to one of the plastic surgeons at work who told me what I would need to get the GP to say on the referral letter / funding request. I was told by them that they like you to be weight stable for at least 2yr post surgery, ideally have a bmi of 30 or below, there were a couple of other thing that I can't quite remember ( thats in my local area, which ever area you are in may have different criteria)

I spoke to the surgeon and saw him briefly and he said I would need the flure die lys tummy tuck, he asked when I was looking at getting it done i said the end of october beginning of november 2016 ( i will be two years post surgery by then) he was happy with that. I will contact him in a couple of months to see when he wants to see for my first consultation i thinking it will be early summer time.

I would say if you want to approach your GP then go fo it, but be prepared for a fight with the pct/ccg's who have the say who gets funding and who doesn't, good luck and go for it

Fabclaire

It's me again, I had to re register as forgot all my log in details etc. Well had the tummy tuck done in oct 16 and am really pleased with the results of a fab surgeon who performed it.

The first week or so after the op was really hard not being able to do certain things etc, you find different ways of copping. I was of work for eight weeks in total due to one little part of the scar taking longer to heal up, it was the
T junction part of the scar that took the longest to heal, I was warned that there risks of delayed healing.

I am thinking about getting my arms lifted in the late part of next year aswell as possibly my back fat sorted aswell.