• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding stopped

BlueDiamond

Good afternoon e1 - I been having problems with reflux of a night time so I decided to contact my provider to get the band checks out ( been to gp and everything else is ok) only to be told all funding has been withdrawn and any fills/defill a/ investigative work I need done has to be done via gp now. How can a gp who has no knowledge of the band decide whether its band related or not ??? I have been to the gp today who's referred me for yet another chest x ray, I know the doctor is going to want to investigate in his own way b4 he finally sends me to have the band checked out. I am eating and drinking ok no worries on that score but come night time I am coughing all through the night every night and bringing up fluids etc. Even my knowledge of being a bander and voicing my concerns about leaking fluids etc didnt seem to have the knock on effect . I know I will eventually get seen just distressing in the meantime I guess . Hope e1 is doing well I am still maintains at 8st 11lbs , wishing everyone the best - BD x x

Hi there,

I'm a bypasser,but I know what your saying here.
I'm having problems at the minute,and seeing my local gp and it can be very frustrating.
He has very little knowledge of baratrics and even at my local hospital(not where i had my op done)i had to give a short lesson to the nurses/docs which I found unbelievable!
It's a bit worrying when sometimes we have more knowledge than some medical professionals.
Hope you get it sorted x

Hope you get sorted out soon BD and well done on maintaining. xx

I agree bd ... Hope you are going to get this sorted ASAP, try not to worry xxxx

hope you get this sorted soon

Back