• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

GP says band is too drastic!

many thanks will call tomorrow and let you know, have u been approved funding then an dhow long did yours take, XX

Not got funding yet, GP applied in June they first said to attend weight management clinic for 2 years, GP wrote back to say had already been doing medication and weight management for over two years with them and could they take that time into account, his letter got lost in the post and had to be faxed 4 weeks later and still waiting to hear....I have no option to go private unless I win the lottery.....Linda x

r u awaiting to have your in luton, hey we might get good news together lol,, my dr cocked up[ 3 times and i blew my top at him so he was great after that, my sister saw her gp im july and got told no in sept this year, she is over 25 stone but applied 2 yrs ago and was acepted and then decided no so they told her she cannot apply again due to this xx thanks for all your kind words i have emailed you in the past

I will be getting mine done in Manchester if I get the funding. I am trying to stay optimistic but sometimes when everyone else is getting on and losing its hard to think I will ever get there. It's fine when something is happening ie an appointment with surgeon or a test but when its the wait in between it sure does get to me. I was getting really down about other things as well and it was piling up on me so have had a few weeks off work, due to see the doctor again on tuesday but I dont feel ready to return to work yet I really feel these last two weeks off has helped a lot and stopped me needing medication to get through it.....I do understand how frustrating it is waiting and I am sure you will get sorted soon....Linda x

Back