• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

GP says band is too drastic!

Great news your bloods were ok and that you been referred to WW. Like you say if you having any doubts about WLS it's more sensible to try the other options first. Good luck on your pills you seem determined to suceed and thats all you need to make it work good luck x

Glad the bloods were ok chuck. Going to WW free is a good thing - you know you like the WW diet and you did so well on it last time. Now you know that your cholesterol is a little high you can work on getting that down too. Best of luck - you know I'll be rooting for you x

Thank you for the support everyone xxx :)

I'm still waiting for the WW stuff to arrive, then I shall start. I hope it hurries up because I'm eager! lol

hey i am still awaiting to find out if i have been approved funding and it is driving me bloody mad, i first saw gp in MAY xxxx

hyacinth i phoned the pct direct. I spoke to a lovely man who as i spoke to him said he had just put my letter in the post. I remember laughing and saying to him and the letter says.
He Said oh i didnt read it just put it in the post but if you would like i will have a look on our copy. He came back a couple of mins later and said the letter says yes.
I never recieved a letter direct from the PCT it went directly to Hope hospital who wrote and told me. so it may just be worth that phone call so if it has been approved you can ask for a copy of the letter they sent and badger the hospital.

i didnt recieve a letter either i only found out about funding because i kept ringing the consultants secretary i didnt know you could ring pct lol good luck hyacnth

hiya and thanks, i phoned my pct and say it will be another few weeks before i know anything, i a m thinking of going private as i have been waiting since may to find out if i can get this bloody op, i am fed up being out of breath and want a LIFE, well done on yours and good luck keep me informed and if i hear anything i will let u know also what pct did u come under, mine is bucks X

thanks for your wishes, i am begining to get very depressed waiting and need some answers soon. I think this is getting to much and i am getting quite upset not knowing either way, a simple yes or no is all i ask, good luck to u and let me know how you get on X i phoned my pct and they cannot tell me anything i have to wait to see my gp

Please dont get depressed I honestly know how it feels waiting for answers, its extremely frustrating I have only been on this journey for 14 weeks and it feels so very much longer so for you to have been waiting since May it must be totally unbearable. Have a moan and a cry if need be and then get on with the fight, speak to your GP and tell him how its affecting you not knowing. Just a thought but have you spoken to the PALS department at your local hospital? They are very good as they are there for the patients and to prevent things escalating into complaints they can normally do some digging around. Give them a call and tell them that you have waited so long. I spoke to mine but got an answer before she got back to me because I give them two days then I call again. Please dont give up hope, I know its hard when folk get there date etc and you are still waiting but you are not alone we are all here for you, keep your chin up....((hugs)) Linda x

Hyacinth,

I too am under luton would you kindly PM me as I would like to ask you for some details. I too have a 48.8 or maybe 49 today. Is it true that Luton will help me if my BMI is 50? I rang and ask the obesity nurse and she wouldn't confirm it.

I have tried all the medication also. I was very depressed on Accomplia. It made me have very dark thoughts. I would be very careful on this medication. There are forums thats can give you more details on it effects on some people.

However stay positive, I have had to jump many hurdle to get this far. Now I am at the door there isn't any funding for me.

Funding gets issued again in April. It's like the start of the tax year and an allowance will be given to cover the whole year. All is not lost until they say no, you appeal and they still say no. So whilst you may be at the door you need to knock really loud....Linda x

thanks for your encouragement.

I had booked to have this surgery in July in Belgium however I cancelled as I know I need lots of surport for the medicare here. As we know things can go wrong.

Maybe I am worrying too much. maybe the funding wont be the problem I expect. Wouldn't that be nice.

I would love to go on holiday on a plane but last year while flying back from the USA a fellow passenger abused me because of my wieght. I really can not face that yet.

Why do some people treat overweight people with such contempt? It is very nasty of people to be so unkind.

luton will only take u on board if u have a bmi of over 50 or have really bad medicall problems, such as diabeties or high blood pressure, i understand wif the plane thing, i have booked to go to florida this xmas and nam going first clas as the seats are bigger and not so many people in the cabin, you could ask to speak to sue in the obesity department or lorraine the secretary and ask them to send u a form regrdin the whole process, good luck

thanks babe for the kind words, i have been in contact with pct, nice, gmc and my local mp and still nothing i am getting to the point of actually wanting just to end my life and let my kids have a happy dad and not a miserable fat ugly mum, i reall yhate myself at the moment and am seeing my gp again on monday, i aint asking for much just a life like anyone else, i hate eating and it is conrolling my life, i will be the only fat mum swimming wif dolphins on xmas day and i dnt want 2 b XXXX

luton has funding for 200 operations every year and funding is may, may, my sister saw her gp in july and was told no in sept so why i am waiting so long is a mystery

Back