• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thumbs up to Northants PCT

Who me?
Bypass....Sara, its leanne, your friend from Facebook x

Got my op date :0)) 6th September
Have just started pre op diet...
How are you doing now honey? :0)
Good I hope? X

hi sara-louise, i am in Corby, also with birmingham, are you having a bypass? or band? i am confused, i had my appt 11th july cancelled and rebooked for 25th july, and straight on waiting list as i'm an ex-bandster so revision to RNY/SLEEVE, mr Kumar says ASAP and put me straight on the list, BUT his administrator told me it would be next year! how did you get your date so quickly, please help.... impatient is my second name.

hi sara-louise, 2nd reply but i think something happenend to the site. i am with Bham too my appt was 11th july also but cancelled till 25th july, mr Kumar said he would put me straight on the list, i have had a band so know the disciplines, but i rang his administrator who said after xmas /2012, what surgery are you having, wondered is it just luck, or do you know? i had heard the list was just 13 weeks at the mo, which yours seems to be? can you help please kate

Hello ... I am under mr super and he told me I would be waiting for 3 months from my appointment on the 11th July.

He said if I had the bypass or sleeve it may take longer as it would be a different surgeon.
I am having the band.... And very staggered at how fast I have jumped the Q.
I don't think you will be waiting that long... Finger's crossed :0)))
Xx

thanks that explains it, i think bypass is becoming more popular, i think i willcall tomorrow just to see if she can be a little less vague now that i have had my confirmation letter through. also you ask about northants surgery group, 3 of us met up in june, and hoping to have 2nd meeting with more people in september, why not join our facebook group 'northampton gastric surgery support group' sharon who started this thread is on there we have 12 members now. kate

Hello trying to get on face book page with no luck.... I have requested to join 3 times ...... ?? It's a mystery x

Sara louise, message denise brown on the facebook acct, she is at home having had her op last week, ( iam a bit of a techno phobe!!} she will add you, i will get intouch with her now to tell her to look out for you,

I too have just had funding approved by Northants PCT and went for my initial consultation today. My GP recommended Heartlands. Mr Kumar is my consultant - a lovely man.

Birmingham is ace!!! It's a lovely new unit too!!
I also was there for my pre op!!!
Hope all went well for you ? Xx

I have just had my first consultation at Birmingham, with Mr Kumar. I now have to decide whether to have band or bypass. I would like to speak to people who have had both before I make up my mind. Will try to find that Northants support group mentioned. It's a huge decision to make and I don't want to make the wrong one. Does anyone out there have any advice?

i have just written for 20 minutes a reply to you... only to be timed out... im at work so will reply later this evening, with some 'personal' history... but basically i am ex-bandster, now waiting for revision with Mr Kumar, good and bad to tell speak later. kate

Hi Divvy.
I believe Northants currently go along with NICE guidelines (so Bmi 40 or over with no co-morbidities or over 35 with co-morbidities)

I am not an expert but unfortunately I don't think it does :(

So should have asked when my BMI was 42 then! :(

Surely me losing some weight now, is the same as losing weight pre-surgery? :rolleyes:

Back