• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

funding with no co morbidites!

I really had to chase the Whittington to get back to me, almost 6 months between last tests and getting my surgery date! In the end I wrote to the PALS service there complaining and they contacted me the next day and I got my date the following week *lol*
Sometimes it pays to be stubborn! :)

Hi Tasha,
Im also Kingston PCT, seems like your journey has been really quick (considering what I have read on the forum), did you have to do a lot of chasing and following up? Also, did you have a choice of hospitals? If so what made you choose CC?
I hope you don't mind me asking all these questions!
Thanks
SN

Hi SN,

yes my journey was very fast. Origionally I mt referal was sent to St georges as that is where all kingston PCt sends then UNLESS you ask otherwise. I went along to the st Georges info evening and was told that it was at least a 1 year wait till the next lot of appointments and on average people with them are waiting between 2-3 years for their ops. i was really disapointed. BUt whilst on this site Icame across someone else that lived in Kingston & had had their op at CX, so did what you have done and asked their opinion and info, and she could speak highly enough of them. So I called the PCT (they are based in Holyfield Road Surbiton) and asked for them to change my referal to Cx hospital.
The longest wait I had with CX was for the group info appointment, that was about 8 weeks, all the other appointments were aout 6 weeks appart, and I had my op a week ago today. Everyone there was wonderful the nurses couldnt do enough for yoy, and even the surgeons came to see me everyday I was in hospital. the only thing is now they have moved their bariatric department to St Marys in Paddington, but I was informed that as its now a dedicated bariatric depatment the possibility is there will be more appointments avaliable as before they had to share the clinic with other things so could only run it twice a week.
Sorry really babbled on a bit. But if you need anymore info or just want a chat drop me a Pm or I could give you my number if you would prefere.xxx

For anyone in the Kingston area, or in fact all of Surrey, there is a new centre for WLS surgery - St Peter's Hospital in Chertsey. They only started offering all forms of surgery in September (before that they only offered bands) and, until they have completed 50 cases (at the moment they are around the 30 mark) they can only operate on people with a BMI under 50 but it won't be long before they can operate on everyone!!

They do work in conjunction with St Georges and the surgeons have worked there as part of their training.

Tatiana

Hi good luck on getting the funding I was refused no co ormobilites with a bmi of 48 and have appealed to the pct via my docter my bmi now being 54 i am also just waiting for an answer should be anyday now i know exactly how you feel its all i can think about, once again good luck ive been fighting for two years now but dont intend to give up. xXx

Hi all ive just had a call from my doctor and after an appeal for funding the first time i was turned down, this time i do fit criteria but with no co ormobilities they have not said no but are refering me to something that i have to do not sure what exactly not sure if i have to lose a certain amount of weight before i get a yes has anyone else experianced this I think the docter said referal to cuft??? not sure if its spelt like that or what it involves but hopefully find out soon still keeping fingers crossed for a yes from PCT Suffolk.

Hi Jackie,

I'm in suffolk too and have been turned down twice by the PCT :( for different reasons. Just about to apply for third time. They are really hard here! Xx

MoonCake xXx

Back