• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding

Laura b

2011 a new begginning
How long did u funding take?? I know some ppl that there funding went through the same week and some that have waited months and I know it depends on ur pct but was wondering how long u all waited? And how long u thinks acceptable to wait b4 u call to see wats happening? Xx

about 2 weeks but mine was to the exceptions panel. xxx

I had to wait just over 2 months from when my consultant wrote off to apply for funding, to when I heard back. Some PCTs only have monthly meetings to discuss funding applications etc so it may take a few weeks. Wishing you success in getting the funding though xxxx

Mine was about a month. Its usually just a formality though Laura. If the surgeon has said you can go on the list then he must be confident that funding will be granted.

Hi love, to be honest i didnt even know anything about the pct, funding or anything else to do with wls until i joined this site.

My doctor mentioned wls to me one day back in Jan.

I then received a letter inviting me to attend a seminar in March, saw the surgeon twice and im now waiting for a letter for a Dec op.

I find some of the stories on here amazing how they have had to jump through hoops to get their wls.

I am very lucky as it was all done for me. xxxxx

Very mixed time scales by everyone... Very interesting to know so thanks everyone for replying xxxx

I was also wondering about this to
because here in Scotland i need to be refared up to a weight clinic in a hospital in Glasgow do there hoops then they'll decide if i am suitable for sugery i am all confused.
hoops after hoops i probably wont be granted known my luck lol

good luck to you though everyone is different!

Hi end it, and welcome to the site, a lot of hospital require u to do a weight management course for 6-12 months b4 u get refered for surgery and although this isn't wat u want wen u just want surgery but if u see it as the start of ur journey, it will b different to any other diet u have done b4 bcus at the end u know u will get surgery!!! It is hard but worth it I done it a few yrs ago and lost a fair bit then didn't want surgery but it has all gone bk on so I got refered by my dr for surgery at the end of august 2010, now I'm just waiting for my funding to go through then a date for surgery as iv been to all appiintments necessary so now it's a waiting game my surgeon said it will b jan/feb 2011 so I'm looking forward to the new yr, good luck with ur wl journey I'm sure wat ever hoops they make u jump through u will and u will succeed good luck and will look forward to following ur journey xxx

Hi end it, and welcome to the site, a lot of hospital require u to do a weight management course for 6-12 months b4 u get refered for surgery and although this isn't wat u want wen u just want surgery but if u see it as the start of ur journey, it will b different to any other diet u have done b4 bcus at the end u know u will get surgery!!! It is hard but worth it I done it a few yrs ago and lost a fair bit then didn't want surgery but it has all gone bk on so I got refered by my dr for surgery at the end of august 2010, now I'm just waiting for my funding to go through then a date for surgery as iv been to all appiintments necessary so now it's a waiting game my surgeon said it will b jan/feb 2011 so I'm looking forward to the new yr, good luck with ur wl journey I'm sure wat ever hoops they make u jump through u will and u will succeed good luck and will look forward to following ur journey xxx

I do understand why they want people to do this
With me having PCOS and unable to lose weight with diet and exercise it would be completely pointless for me to go through this as i have in the past six years tried this through my GP's surgery
ive been on and off Xenical more than i want to be and ive tried every diet under the sun.

I've been on and off diets since i was 13 years old but six years is a long time under professionals with little no results and unable to keep pff what i have lost.

O yes I totally agree Iv been in the same situation if they have it on record that uv tried then fingers crossed u won't have to do it xxxx

It took about a month for me to get granted, but would of been longer if it wasn't for this site. With help, I knew who to ask questions to. :)

Hi Misscharlie,
Can I ask are you with south staffs pct?
linski xx

I should be but as I hadn't changed my doctors before I moved I fell under BEN Which I feel very blessed for. I'm not sure of Staffs I'm afraid. I think the worst of it is, things are constantly changing , making it difficult to know where pre ops stand. x

I should be but as I hadn't changed my doctors before I moved I fell under BEN Which I feel very blessed for. I'm not sure of Staffs I'm afraid. I think the worst of it is, things are constantly changing , making it difficult to know where pre ops stand. x

Yeah its a nightmare really isn't it. I am just fretting iver funding and really just want to know anyones experience with them. Thanks anyway chick, I will just have to wait for a reply, my GP has applied for funding through them for me.

Linski x

Yeah its a nightmare really isn't it. I am just fretting iver funding and really just want to know anyones experience with them. Thanks anyway chick, I will just have to wait for a reply, my GP has applied for funding through them for me.

Linski x

I have my fingers crossed for you. I think its a very hard part of the journey. The waiting and uncertainty was hard. At least when you have your funding, you know your well on your way. Lots of luck x

O yes I totally agree Iv been in the same situation if they have it on record that uv tried then fingers crossed u won't have to do it xxxx

Laura , i hope that i wont have to see it and they will understand that my health is at risk without surgery mentally i am done and need for my weight to change in order for me to over come the issues that i have i really do want something to change and i will do the hoops if thats what it takes to prove a point.

i'm not sturborn or anything i am open minded about this and i am expecting delays , hoops , and donciviing doctors.

im not expecting an easy ride.

Back