• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

funny feeling in chest

Loll

Hope someone out there can help. I have had a really funny feeling in my chest all day. not a pain but a strange feeling that there's something there smack bang in the middle of my chest. Had this feeling Friday but it went off. Only had a yoghurt today tried to eat pureed dinner tonight but really didn't feel like eating. Havn't eaten anything to get stuck. Anyone else had this weird feeling.

I've only ever really had a 'stuck' kind of feeling when I have had one teaspoon too much...

Maybe it is due to swelling of the pouch and joins? I know that it felt a bit swollen there and I was aware that I had had surgery, if you get my meaning. If you are not in pain and it's just a weird feeling, then I wouldn't worry too much.

However, if you start to bring fluid and food up, then call Christine and ask for advice - they are really good in the office and will contact Shaw if it's urgent. If it's during the night, call The Chichester Suite and one of the Bariatric Nurses on duty will help :)

If you need the number, just pm me x

Give Dagmar or Petra a call on the ward - they will be happy to talk to you and answer any questions you have :)

Have you got the number?

x

If it gets worse or you are worried in anyway then call NHS Direct for advice and if needed pop along to A&E as your health is paramount and any chest pain should be investigated just to rule out any serious problems.

Sure you are fine though but look after yourself :)

Mike

Just called them no bariatric nurses on as they haven't any patients tonight. Will give them a call in the morning. The nurse I spoke to said not to worry too much as it wasn't a pain.

As Icemoose said, if it get's worse then you should pop along to your local A&E or give your out of hours Doc a call to come and check you out.

That's what my friend did 7 weeks post-bypass. Luckily it turned out NOT to be serious, but you should check if it starts to get worse... better safe than sorry :)

However, I remember the strange feelings I would get sometimes - I still get the occassional twinge, and I'm over 10 wks post-op!!!

Take it easy, and as long as you are not in pain and not vomiting, you should be ok until you can get to speak to Christine or one of the Nurses tomorrow.

Take care x

How are you feeling today? Did you manage to speak to anyone?

x

Glad the pain has gone Loll. you were right to get it checked out. it is bloody painful the whole trapped wind thing isn't it! take care xx

Back