• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gain

Hi there

I had regain myself so can commiserate. It can happen with any op but boils down to not following the rules etc. Have you tried going back to basics to see if you can kickstart your losses again? WLS is not an easy option is it? We still have to do the hard slog for life.

I can see how people can gain it back quite easily as certain foods..the ones packed with calories go down much easier than the dense protein foods. I'm a year out now, I've lost every pound I had, literally..and am now maintaining. I still get little voices saying "chocolate" and "eat me" and it still takes will power to walk away from the bad food.
As time goes on you learn how to cheat your sleeve if you want to and the old habits creep in.
I have to think everyday protein protein! That's my number one rule!
Good luck with getting back to it , you still have your surgery tool so work with it like you did at first x

I can see how people can gain it back quite easily as certain foods..the ones packed with calories go down much easier than the dense protein foods. I'm a year out now, I've lost every pound I had, literally..and am now maintaining. I still get little voices saying "chocolate" and "eat me" and it still takes will power to walk away from the bad food. As time goes on you learn how to cheat your sleeve if you want to and the old habits creep in. I have to think everyday protein protein! That's my number one rule! Good luck with getting back to it , you still have your surgery tool so work with it like you did at first x

Well said Hun xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Yip gained one and a half stone - struggling to get it off. Back to basics and flowing the rules is the answer. We do have the advantage of a WLS tool. But it's up to us unfortunately xxxx. Stay with us on the forum for a bit of support

I had a 5 stone regain triggered by 2 pregnancies and severe acid reflux. However the reason was slider foods and alcohol (not while pregnant of course.)
I suggest doing the five day pouch test to re familiarise yourself with your sleeve, then back to the basic rules. Protein, side plates, no drinking and eating, solid foods, water and moving more.
Re gain is horrible ? back to basics is the right thing to do xx

Back