• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gaining!! Pre op

bubbaloo82

Hi,

I haven't had surgery yet!... 25th may :)

But i Was just wondering if anyone has gained weight!!

I have gained since my last appointment (don't know how much... Dread 2 think!!)

I have my pre op appointment on the 1st may...

Gaining...This I think is due 2 giving up smoking... Which is good thing but slightly worried I'm gonna get told off lol or refused at the worst

Chichester.. St Richards

X jo X

I wouldnt like to say hun but im sure they will understand with you giving up smoking. Well done for that and good luck for your pre-op. x

Bubbaloo - I'm in the same position - except I can't say it was giving up smoking, cos I don't! I'm at my wits' end!!

Since about Friday, after it all hit me, I've cut down drastically! Mainly trying to do protein, very, very few carbs, and am basically hungry all the time, and today I've just felt like cr@p. I was sick this morning and have had a headache all day. I'm in turbo clip!

Like you, I'm worried I'm going to go for the preop, and they'll tell me to naff off.

I don't like myself very much at the moment.:(

Some hospitals will not go ahead if you've put on any weight. I think you need a bit of a plan. I suggest you weigh yourself so that you know what the damage is. This will also help you take ownership and control of the problem. Then go on a very strict eating and exercise regime ( strict not dangerous) between now and the appointment. You'll be amazed how much you can shift if you really cut back on the carbs and calories. Even though a lot of it will be water it doesnt matter as they will be looking at what the scale says.
I nearly lost my chance by putting on weight between my first and second appointment and had to work very hard to salvage the situation. I would say that this is a wake up call. If you can't commit to losing weight now, and not using excuses for weight gain such as giving up smoking, now you may very well not cope well after weight loss surgery. You have to get your head and your body in the right place, and you have to do it now.
Very good luck - and make sure you post on here for support and encouragement
xx

My hospital was one of those that said if I put on I was off the list. I had a wobble but got back on track.
Luton and Dunstable make you lose 5% in a month and keep it off with the expectation of further loss.
I hope it goes well for you. Give it a real go now and see if you can made a dent in it.

Hi I was told any weight on could stop my op. still time to get this back on track ladies!

Stick to your pre op diet. I am almost two years out now, and still have to watch what I eat daily.

My weight can fluctuate anything between 3kg. And my dietician told me this was normal.

If you need any help or guidance, please let me know. I lost 5.5 stone On my pre op stage with Luton and Dunstable.

I was 3 lbs heavier at my pre op than my MDT at Chichester. Its not a lot I know. They were fine with my small gain, as it can be due to daily variations, especially with us ladies. However, I did lose 6 lbs the week before the pre op, as I'd gone a bit stupid and over indulged. It can be done.

My pre op is in Taunton on 8th May and my letter says if I have put weight on I will not be able to have the op.

Bubbaloo - I'm in the same position - except I can't say it was giving up smoking, cos I don't! I'm at my wits' end!!

Since about Friday, after it all hit me, I've cut down drastically! Mainly trying to do protein, very, very few carbs, and am basically hungry all the time, and today I've just felt like cr@p. I was sick this morning and have had a headache all day. I'm in turbo clip!

Like you, I'm worried I'm going to go for the preop, and they'll tell me to naff off.

I don't like myself very much at the moment.:(

I 2 don't like myself every much at the moment... An i totally understand where ya comin from.... Better just keep fingers crossed hey!! :(

Look ladies, bubbaloo especially, if we didn't all have weight probs, we wouldn't be looking for surgery would we!?....... but now is definitely the time to get a grip and get back on it.

Start the pre-op diet you've been given early (it drops off on that!) and try and salvage the situation. What's done is done, no use beating yourself up as that won't change anything and could actually help you end up with a bigger gain if like most of us you are an emotional eater.

YOU CAN DO IT! GOOD LUCK. xxxx

Thank u To everyone That has posted.... I have never been more ready for this life changin experience!!

My journey has been goin on a very long time as it was put on hold due 2 fallin pregnant (unexpected) an extra 16 months.. Waitin!!

I may not have put weight on an just feelin down as its shhh the woman's monthly!!

As I say I only had a baby 7 months ago my bodies still gettin back 2 normal I have given up smoking.... I'm not usin it as an excuse but feel due 2 this.. That's y I feel so hungry... (Mayb its not that) Habit of lighting up now gone... I'm not over eatin.. It's just a fear I think

My clothes aren't tight or anything... Im scared 2 get on the scales... I am just absolutely petrified that... Something is goin 2 go wrong... An my chance of a better healthier life is gonna b taken away!!

I don't just worry about my weight gain.. If any I worry that my blood pressures gonna b sky high... I've never had a problem there... That's something wrong with my blood results.... That I'm gonna cut myself an they won't operate because I have an open wound... I am that scared everything scares me!!

Tomorrow I will b following some advise given an bite the bullet an get weighed an change my eatin... Low carbs hear we come.. So thank u just what I needed a kick up the butt... Might take my mind of the worrying

X jo X

Relax!! Or at least try to. I think we all know what its like, it is terrifying. But you are in the system now, it would have to be something very significant for your op not to go ahead. And if it is postponed for any reason it will be for the good of your health.

Just an update... :) I did go an weigh myself all ok... Also stated the milk diet today... Once again thanks for advise :) very much needed x

Glad you are ok, I think stepping on the scales gives you control back and stops your mind running rampant!!!
Good Luck

Back