• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gallbladder problems pre op

specialk

Hi all

Has anyone had gallbladder problems pre operatively?

Asking mainly due to the fact that I'm way bloated and put a few kilos back on and I know I am due to start the last hurdle of appointments before my operation.

I'm really struggling to do anything as everything hurts and I'm sleeping all the time.

Please help?!

K

I had to have mine out a month ago. Had massive problems with stones in my bile duct that led to pancreatitis and kicked off the start of organ failure and two weeks in hospital.

I had my bypass put on hold until the cholecystectomy was done as they can't get to the area after a bypass. No pain now. It's brilliant. Got my bypass in September too.

Hope yours is sorted quickly too.

Mrs Z that sound fab that you've had it out, I tested positive for gallstones, but when they tried to ultrasound/scan me I am obviously too fat for it to work and the girl tried to jab the scanner into some very painful places, so I have an MRI on Saturday coming up, I'm still in pain and can't go back to work yet, plus my gp has requested I stop all medications as they're not helping.

I'm just really fed up!

Hope something happened soon :(

K x

I actually tried to hide mine and pretend it wasn't hurting. I hoped that they would look at it when they did the bypass and take it out at the same time. Then I turned yellow!

I was told that if you have gall bladder problems that itches to be sorted prior to your WLS as they can't get to it via lap once the WLS has been done which means full open surgery.

My scans were awful. The positions you have to get into to check from the side were not in the least attractive. I'm pleased mine is done and sorted. The pain was incredible. I was sick all the time. So tired. So bad tempered and yellow was so bit my colour.

I hope you can get yours sorted ASAP. You may find a surgeon that will do both together if the stones have not migrated. Mine were all over which was the problem. If yours are still in there they may consider taking it at the same time (which is standard in a lot of American surgeries).

Good luck x

Back