• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st day home post bypass

Mr Doo

Just got home from having bypass on Monday at Salford Royal. Would have been home this morning but had to wait for discharge notes/meds.
Anyway Dr Akhtar did my bypass which has been a success. Gobsmacked to have been told I lost nearly two stone on the two week per-op diet.
Got five keyhole points (see pics) with staples to be removed in 10 days. Only felt the need to use morphine drip once after the op, now just uncomfortable due to the trapped wind due to the keyholes.
Will update as I progress. ;)

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 180
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 165
Congratulations on having your surgery Mr Doo! I hope you have a speedy recovery and the trapped wind doesn't give you too much bother :)

Aw well done! Hope continue to make speedy recovery!

Thanks for all the kind replies
at pre-op start date 10/6/13 i was 167 kg's
surgery date 24/6/13 i was 155kg's
saw every hour of monday night on the ward ( nothing like your own bed ) which made tuesday discharge day Drrrrrraaaaaaagggg .
anyway just had four hours undisturbed sleep & in no pain, just the trapped wind makes for an uncomfortable feeling.
Hope your all well & doing great on your own journey
Mr Doo
aka Mark

Hi Mark

Glad it's all gone so well. I wish you the same recovery that I'm having. Pain and problem free x

I wish you a speedy ongoing recovery. Really interesting to see the photos (even though I'm squeamish) my incisions were in totally different places, including 2 below the navel. You had a very neat surgeon!

Happy healing.

I honestly feel NO pain what so ever & hope it continues, just wind moving around trying to get out ( think they forgot to let it out in theater going off the size of my belly in pic !!)
hope your all well & loosing at a steady pace
Mark

How you getting on Mr Doo?

How you getting on Mr Doo?

Hi Nicnac & everyone
Not had anything to report, no problems with anything liquid foods/water, diabetes has gone (although still have to test for a few weeks)
Had my staples out on wednesday & nurse was more than happy with healing of wounds.
On an average day im eating half a tin of soup/half a yoguart, 3rd pint of milk with dried skimmed milk ( protien ) & 2 brews plus litre of water.... calorie wise its between 200-400 a day
doctor thinks i should try for more but told her i'll wait until i see dietician & let them decide
will inform you more if theres any progress ..... sorry if its boring
Mark

Sounds like your doing well! Defo not boring to me being pre op

Thanks for the pics, good luck for the coming weeks.

Glad things are going well. Good luck with it all.

Back