• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric ballon i wk today

thisisit

Hi Everyone,
I know there are not many of us on this method of W.L .

This time last week on a very frosty Saturday morning was on my way to have Ballon inserted have wrote quite a bit about it over the week.

Many thanks to you all especially Phat girl.Blonde moment. H.C. c.g. Shel.and others, its been great to get support.

Today had my first weight in and have lost 10ibs now 11 stone 10 . I am only 5.1 . Really pleased as for 3 days now on smaller portions of ordanairy foods.
:)
Cant seem to find my disney code will have another look later and replace if cant find for another ticker.

Today, going on a image consultant day and treating my Daughter for her Christmas Present by house of Colours.
It sounds a wonderful day and fairly long from 9.30 - 5 pm.
We start off with make up session.

Then bring a couple of outfits some which we like/love also told to bring along things we bought which we know were fashion boops and say why we bought planning our wardrobes
looking at our personalities,body shapes despite the excess weight, lifestyles.
Looking at essentials in any wardrobes.
I image i will be coming home tonight and getting rid of loads after this feel ready for a whole new ME.
Post later AVA:)

Ava, hi there hun. I am so glad you are on your way, fantastic loss so far:D.

You sound so positive, I think you really are ready for your new life to begin. Enjoy your day and keep us posted.:)

Nichole

just wanted to say hi as i had a balloon fitted 4 weeks ago and have lost 13lbs so far! well done on your great 1st week loss!

Hiya!
Not long to go until your surgery now!! How are you feeling?
Sparkles- who says 13 is an unlucky number eh?! I think it is lucky lucky lucky because I weighed my wii fit the other day and that's how much i had lost too!! :D well done to you - it feels great doesn't it? :)
Xxx Lizzie xxX

Hi, today had a Christmas lunch with people from work,at Monton House Carvery first time i have eaten out.Knew it was 3 courses.
Was fairly nervous, Find i can only really eat 2 times a day as eating after 6pm is not comfortable, so only had a glass of Sk milk (gone right of breakfast )but love and feel hungry about 11am, I always used to eat about 6.30am - 7am for .........Years, then 1pm, then 6pm ish.
Anyway at about 1pm ate 1/2 portion of pate, then had i slice ham i slice Turkey,2 small pots, few carrots and 2 sprouts was no longer hungry, so missed the dessert and played around with coffee and mince pies.
As i am eating so little have to ensure i am eating what i call superfoods as you gals say also.

Later that night had a herbal life protein drink. I consider it a great way to eat, dont have to stuff myself, but must admit it feels very alien not to eat as much as my eyes want me to.
Clothes feeling very loose at present only going to weight self every month, and get back to keep fit classes after holidays. Aim to change my thinking on how little i really need to be healthy,not how much i can eat like i have been doing for last ............years
Well done Sparkle on your losses, great isnt it no ill effects at all 10 days ,gone some great advice from Blonde Moment re spicy foods avoid which i tried 2 balti prawns oh! the reflux all night ! never again!!!!!, till ballon is out,Why don,t I listen

Ava you are doing so well. Glad to see you managed a social event that is great :D.

Your losses are terrific and you sound like you have your head sorted as how to eat which really is a hard thing.

Way to go!:D:D:D:D:D

Hiya Ava

Sorry but sat here smiling,cant say you werent warned on the spicy foods lol.:8855:

Well done on the weight loss,keep up the good work,isnt it a great feeling putting some clothes on that feel baggy :eek:.

take care

Di xx

ive got my works night out tonight so a bit nervous about what im gonna be eating as I find that my evening meal is the one that makes me feel so full. Im gonna have something light for lunch and keep fingers crossed!
Hows things with your balloon now?

Hi Sparkles

Just remember to stop when you feel full,dont go for that extra mouthful or you may be ill,eat slowly as well.
Good idea on eating something light at lunchtime,i went out the other night and just had a slimfast shake at lunch and i was fine.

Enjoy your night out tonight.

((( hugs )))

Di
xx

Last edited:
Hi all us Balloners and wls ,
Went for my wkly meeting today they had to cancel the Tuesday one, given booklet to fill re foods, levels ?scales of hungry.
Told to follow a protein, and fruit and vegtable above the ground type plan plus up to 4 ryvitas a day from day 14(which is Saturday) for 6 wks . To visit every wk for chat/support,contact number for anything else i may need to ask.
So fairly pleased with all the support plus the women has had the ballon herself lost 4 1/2 stones in 6 months and reckons she is going to lose another stone now due to changes in eating habits and patterns.

What ever you do stay away from spicy foods, it was really inpleasant and she told me to try a curry with chicken and vegables,i should be alright but no chance that can wait!!

Also on Monday, i think i ate something with too much fat in it and that gave me lots of tossing and turning.
Its a hard way to learn though, definitly erring on the side of caution amazing though how little i need to eat to be satisfied.
Your doing great Blonde Moment and Sparkles good luck.
Ava

Hi all us Balloners and wls ,
Went for my wkly meeting today they had to cancel the Tuesday one, given booklet to fill re foods, levels ?scales of hungry.
Told to follow a protein, and fruit and vegtable above the ground type plan plus up to 4 ryvitas a day from day 14(which is Saturday) for 6 wks . To visit every wk for chat/support,contact number for anything else i may need to ask.
So fairly pleased with all the support plus the women has had the ballon herself lost 4 1/2 stones in 6 months and reckons she is going to lose another stone now due to changes in eating habits and patterns.

What ever you do stay away from spicy foods, it was really inpleasant and she told me to try a curry with chicken and vegables,i should be alright but no chance that can wait!!

Also on Monday, i think i ate something with too much fat in it and that gave me lots of tossing and turning.
Its a hard way to learn though, definitly erring on the side of caution amazing though how little i need to eat to be satisfied.
Your doing great Blonde Moment and Sparkles good luck.
Ava

Where you getting your support from? It sounds quite like my support package.
Im still on a basic diet with very little carbs, its sooo hard as miss my pasta lol

Hi Sparkles, its from the National Obesity Centre.
Luckily for me its local office is in Sale so only about 6 miles from there so am able to pop down in my lunch time.
I am not missing anything really seem to have gone off, lots of things was going to have a scrambled egg yesterday,once it was cooked could,nt face it.
In face having to force my self this wk end to eat anything, just dont want anything going to make myself have a food pack made with milk now as just not hungry at all.
Ava

Thats who I am with too, I get telephone support as im up in Glasgow. How you finding the package? Im still finding that I am being sick a couple of times a week which is yuk lol.
Eating a lot more fish tho which is good!

Hi ,Not been sick apart from the first day once and next morning but terrible heart burn at times something not used to ever having think its to do with fats or maybe carbs when i have had them.
As we cant take anti acids because of the Ballon have to put up with it so very much trial and error .
Told to eat protein based meals but sometimes just not possible, due to discomfort.
Anyway knew it would,nt be plain sailing.
Will keep you posted.Ava

ava i know its not the nicest tasting stuff but can you take bicarbonate of soda. Its really good for nutrilising the acids in the stomach. My sister cant take antacids due to medical reasons but just has half a teaspoon of bicarb in a little water and finds that helps. Obviously check out if you can but if you can get passed teh taste it might be worth it.
take care
HC

hi everyone
im just in the process of finding out about gastric balloons, and trying to decide which is the best and cheapest one to go for, i heard about going abroad and doing it but not sure, I live in Coventry West Midlands UK, has anyone got any advice and know it all varies but what sort of prices are they, desperate to do something as left fat and unhappy after IVFs x

Back