• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got a few things wrong re gastric ballon so....

thisisit

Hi, every one got some wrong information re gastric ballon
Went for my 2nd meeting with advisor today.
I was following info in the original note in a very information pack from N.O.C National Obesity Centre,
Telling her my problems re indegestion, after every thing i eat no matter how slow, and beleive it i have eat hardly anything this wk, because of discomfort.:(

We are supposed to drink 1/2 - 1 can full fizz coke daily at end of day to clean the ballon, not have yoghurt after 10 days(until later module) as this does something( forgot what ) have been having it every day as felt it was better than eating nothing.

Also we can take antacids and bi carb as H.C suggested just not until 10 days.
Unfortunateley all this was not in Module one which is a work book with all kinds of self searching , charts and food help recipes etc..

So came straight out bought a diet coke and lime and downed it on way back to work after appt.
Burped for England, feel so much cleaner already.
Had a small lunch and guess what no indegestion .......So PLeased.:8855:
As i said in earlier thread did not want weekly weight in, but had to have one today lost 4 1bs but as said not eat much this week. Will do my sticker asap:)

So happy you got good information now. That should really help you out. Fantastic weight loss lady!!! You should be proud. You made me smile about burping for England. Who knew it could be such a simple fix!

Take care.
Nichole;)

that makes so much sense. One of the children i care for is tube fed and if he gets a blockage in his tube we have been advised to put some coke down to flush it. He thinks it hysterical when hes burping after.
Glad you feel better heres to happy weight loss.
HC

Thanks every one, today off for pedicure and manicure before our works party at Manchester Town Hall. Having the beef with shallots veg and will bluff my way around the apricot tarlet as i will be so full after the lunch.
At least now can have a coke before lunch and later another one, Meals at 3pm so may have a tiny snack after nails etc
Later going around to friend where we having Carols and Curry i definitely will not be having any curry may have a taste of plain rice and salad and keep moving so people dont notice.
All to the good Bye for now Ava

That is really interesting....they never told me that either. Ive been getting the telephone support and its just a case of how you doing etc. Im still on module one after 6 weeks....really missing my yogurts etc.

Hi

I've not been around for the last little while and have only just seen your thread. I had my ballon inserted 6 months ago and am due for removal on 20th Jan. i am also under the NOSC and am based in London. I have lost 5st 6lb and gone from a size 22 to a 10/12. I could not be happier with the care and imput that I have recieved from the clinic. i stayed on module 1 for the first 3 months and I am now moving on to module 3. I have found it relatively easy to stick to and even managed to loose weight on a trip to Orlando with the family. We eat out at least once a week and the motivation of loosing the weight coupled with friends amazement at the difference has been incredible. I am so much happier now (especially in my size 10 tops and size 12 jeans!!) and this has come accross in every aspect of my life - through family to work.

Good luck with your journey and stay focused - it is totally worth it in the end!

Kxxx

Hi

I've not been around for the last little while and have only just seen your thread. I had my ballon inserted 6 months ago and am due for removal on 20th Jan. i am also under the NOSC and am based in London. I have lost 5st 6lb and gone from a size 22 to a 10/12. I could not be happier with the care and imput that I have recieved from the clinic. i stayed on module 1 for the first 3 months and I am now moving on to module 3. I have found it relatively easy to stick to and even managed to loose weight on a trip to Orlando with the family. We eat out at least once a week and the motivation of loosing the weight coupled with friends amazement at the difference has been incredible. I am so much happier now (especially in my size 10 tops and size 12 jeans!!) and this has come accross in every aspect of my life - through family to work.

Good luck with your journey and stay focused - it is totally worth it in the end!

Kxxx

wow that is amazing!!! Any tips???:eek:

Thank you! The tips that I would give are to stick to the modules as closely as you can. I avoid carbs at all costs (except up to 4 ryvita a day) also no veg that are 'carby' eg carrots, parsnips, butternut squash ect. Stick to the list the clinic has given you. I stayed on module 1 for 8 weeks. Keep your water intake up and don't forget your diet coke at the end of the day! Also if you get the horrible burps, try diet ginger beer - it does help a little!
You need to stay focused and in control. You learn to adapt and change your eating habits. No one is going to comment or critisise if you ask for salad with a steak/fish/chicken instead of chips or rice or potato when eating out. I have also found that smelling forbidden foods helps me get my sweet 'fix' although this might not work for everyone!

Good luck and well done on your weight losses so far.

Kxxx

Well done on your weight loss twin lady! that is a lot of weight in 6 months!
Would you mind telling me how much your balloon was and when/are you having a balloon fitted again?

Can you drink alcohol with a band?

I am going to Florida in March how did you lose weight there!!!

Hi Twinlady, Gosh you have worked so hard to get the results so quickly.

Thanks for the tip of diet ginger beer,i have also found root liquorice made in a tea pot with hot water very soothing,think its prevented heart burn as havent had it since starting drinking it 3 days ago 2 x day.
( i buy it from China Town as i do most of my herbs and spices so cheap 60p a large bag)

Well, let us have a follow up of your story, I am sure you will contiue to be successful as is Sparkles and Blonde moment,but we need to know how its going so we can look forward to same.

I have another 20 - 24ibs to lose, dont want to lose more than that due to my age, have a slim face /neck already and am quite firm and fat due to various classes.
Thanks great to hear from other Gastric Balloners on here. Ava

My balloon was fitted by the NOSC (National Obesity Surgery Centre) in June and it is being removed on 20th Jan. The entire package cost £5000.
When we were in Orlando, I stuck to chicken salad when we were in the Disney Parks (I sometimes had to ask for things to be removed and they were always very accomodating) and in the evenings I pretty much stuck to steak with salad or veggies. From module 2 onwards you can have a glass of wine occassionally and I do!

Kxxx

Back