• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric ballon i wk today

Hi, I have my balloon date for 1st May but am going on holiday to Centerparcs on 4th May - will I be well enough ? My husband is on CD and i'm wondering whether to have that for the week too rather than trying solids while away ? HELP !! x

Hi

I had a balloon inserted end of February, as this was under NHS they keep you in Hospital for 2 days after, the other people getting it done at the same time were violently sick, however i have been fine and have never been sick, think i have the stomach of an ox, the only thing is i had a lot of wind pain in my shoulder blade and under my breast bone for about a week although not really sore quite uncomfortable, the first week i was told liquids only and the second week was still on liquids then on mashed food the 3rd week, it is very like the gastric bypass diet for the first few weeks, after a few weeks i hardly notice it is there at all apart from on waking up before i have to take the ulcer medication as you have to take this for the 6 months it is in place, i must be doing something right though as i have lost 32lbs in six weeks i haven't or even wanted to eat any rubbish sweet or fatty food in the time i have had it in and i was a real binger before and did eat a real load of rubbish daily

Good luck with your balloon and take it easy on your holiday

Gail

Hi Gail,
thanks for this info. I've been told liquids for 3 days, soft foods for 7-10 days and then normal (small portions). I've only been told to take Centrum chewable calcichew and multivitamins.
I don't want to postpone as I just want to get started ! I'm hoping the holiday will distract me from pains !
Well done you for the 32lb, keep me posted ! x

Back