• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band Fill??????'s

baby jayne

Hi

I wanted to ask as many banders as possible what could they eat after their first fill, by that I mean the consistency and how much at a time of even liquid foods?

I had a small fill on Monday of 2mls (already had 3mls on surgery day) and I have only managed 1 tin of heinz tomatoe soup today, 1 slim fast and a probiotic yogurt...is this about right?

I am suposed to go on mushy foods tomorrow but even with half a tin of soup I feel full.:rolleyes:

I have been extremely tired again like when I first had surgery (supose this is expected) but with working full time I am a bit down at the mo :cry:.
When I can eat mushys how many spoons would you say is about average of say cottage pie or mashed potatoe with lots gravy for instance? I just don't want to stretch my pouch but want to make sure I am getting sufficient nutrients from my food...don't want to go baldy guys lol!!

Help appreciated as always xxx

Thanks

i think everyone is different im having a fill at half 10 in morning i will not eat till the evening and prob have a small jacket potatoe i never go back to liquids i prefer to go straight back to normal

Hi Liz

does it feel like just after surgery, as in no hunger whatsoever and eating because you need to not because you want? and, are you taking Vits? :D

Hiya

I had a small fill this morning, I think it was .5 mil. Up to this point I have had my band fills done with WLS, and their guidelines were, 3 days of liquid diet, 3 days of mushy food, then day 7, back to normal food. Today was the first time I had a fill through the NHS, and it was done under xray. The radiologist stated that I have to stay on liquids for 7 full days, no food. I know it will be hard, I know I will be like a bear with a sore head, but I always stick to what they tell me. I would not, personally risk, causing myself problems by cutting short what they have recommended. Everyone is different though and different things work for different people. Today, I have had a slimfast, that took me two hours to drink and a milkshake. I think I have had two cups of tea and a small glass of squash. If you feel full only eating a small amount, then the fill is doing its job.

Hope this helps.

MNL

I had my 1st fill 2 weeks ago and only had 1/2 tin soup that day. The following day I tried fish in sauce and even though it was really mushy it got stuck and was so painful.I think I'll be sticking with soup and slimfast for a few days after fill number 2. Everyone is different so I don't want to say eat such and such amount but I will say please don't try too much. Slow and steady is the key and I think you'll know when you've had enough. Good luck.

when i have a fill i stick to fluids the same day, the next i experiment with different textures/densities to find out where i stand restriction wise, i know instantly by day 2 but that comes with experience.

id say try tomoz 1/2 a ready meal shephards pie with gravy if it goes down no problem then the next meal up the density of the food type, its trial and error as we are all different and experimenting with different foods is the key as you need to find out yourself what you can and cant tollerate x

Hi Janye, I had my second fill yesterday, 2ml, I have a total of 5mls. I still have no restriction. My doc advised me that I should stay on liquids for 2 days, then mushies for 2 days and this is to help you heal after the fill and not to overstuff it with food. I can see the logic in this. Having the band fitted was not an easy option, but I was so fed up and depressed with being over weight. I knew that it would not be easy, when I feeling fed up and want to eat food that I know that I realy should not do, I think of all the times I went shopping for clothes and could not find anything nice and trendy to fit me, the times when people have looked at me as though I have 2 heads. That is when I get my head round the way I have got to live my life now with the band, thats if I want to be able to go to regular shops for clothes and beable to look in the mirrow without crying. Please do not give up. Try and keep your head in this and you will make it through the more difficult parts of the band xx

Thankyou very much for your replys, I really appreciate you all.

I have started to eat a few chewable foods today and feel a lot better.

x mandy you never went on hun, you helped me xxx

Back