• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried about What I can Consume

NT1977

I have been reading on here all weekend and going back over posts and now I am really worried that there is something wrong. I starting to feel physically hungry for the first time on Friday morning (probably first time for years, not just since operation) and daily I am now having:

B - slimfast (3/4)
L - Soup (1/2 tin)
D - Soup (1 tin)
S - 1 x yogurt with my tea in the evening, this seems to have stopped the hunger pains in the morning?

plus around 2 litres day in liquid (NAS, mint tea and normal tea with Skimmed Milk)

Now this seems like loads compared to other people. I am feeling full to the point of I know when I want no more but I do not feel any pain or restriction like I was expecting too.

It just feels like something is not right to be like this 8 days post op? I could easily go onto mushy now I think and be fine, I have had some lovely thick hearty soups at the weekend (all home made my fab in house chef aka the husband!:flirt2:) and there is just no issue. the only thing I do get is a bit of gurgling in the evening but nothing major.

N x

nothing wrong hun your feeling hungry because the swelling is going from your stomach which means the restriction you had from the swelling is gone and liquids slide right thru the band. my clinic has a different time scale for how long I was on liquids each stage. ring your bariatric nurse and ask her if you can start mushies id say your ready

Completely normal as you swelling goes down around the band for hunger to return! Make sure you have the go ahead from your provider before moving on to mushies as this is the time for you internal sutures to heal and early introduction of food has been linked to band slips.

Its not loads at all, so don't worry and don't compare yourself to others - this is YOUR journey.

I felt hungry as soon as I came round from the op, hunger is natural.

I was having around 1,000 cals a day at your stage, if that helps. Keep going you are doing fine xx

it sounds ok...different people can consume different amounts, and the hunger does return, hell I'm nearly 10 months post surgery and that hunger feeling still exists even with Fills and if I didn't limit myself I could quite easily co so 1500-2000 cals if I allowed myself to,

ye i agree with what everyone else has said. I was the same as the swelling went down.

I was having more than you are at that point x x

And don't move up the stages without your providor telling you to.

The rules are for a reason x

I discussed with the dietician and she is happy so am I, I move onto Mushies on Sunday so no rush

Back